Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla missing port tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's to track? I suspect that most of us only really care about one vehicle's USB port. I suppose it might be somewhat relevant to folks who recently got a VIN but my delivery is still a few weeks out. A lot can change from a supply chain standpoint between now and then. Folks with deliveries farther out might not even be as interested as I am given the variables involved.

Tesla has indicated they will retrofit the USB ports at a later date when they have the parts. Compared to the removal of the passenger seat lumbar support and controls, it's understandable and at least they will provide them. I purchased and installed the lumbar support and controller on my own. In the end, it's a great car and they generally tend to add more features. The USB absence is a non-event because unlike the lumbar, it's not a removal. It's just a delayed installation. Inconvenient, but at least you'll get it.

Tesla has indicated they will retrofit the USB ports at a later date when they have the parts. Compared to the removal of the passenger seat lumbar support and controls, it's understandable and at least they will provide them. I purchased and installed the lumbar support and controller on my own. In the end, it's a great car and they generally tend to add more features. The USB absence is a non-event because unlike the lumbar, it's not a removal. It's just a delayed installation. Inconvenient, but at least you'll get it.
How do you know this? They aren’t even notifying people ahead of time. It’s a terrible way to deal with a situation like this.

Reactions: Johnny Vector
How do you know this? They aren’t even notifying people ahead of time. It’s a terrible way to deal with a situation like this.
Basically what was in the Electrek article - New Teslas delivered with surprise missing USB ports due to parts shortages
Unfortunately without a PR department, there's no way to independently confirm if they will retrofit in the future. For the lumbar support, I did try to use the BBB to get Tesla to retrofit it but they were not cooperative. So I just retrofitted on my own.

The hope is eventually, now that demand outstrips supply, eventually they will get around to improving client relations and communications.

My EDD is January. But I’d take a car now and get ports later. Like everyone else waiting. 🤷🏾‍♂️
My pickup is 6 days from now. If it is missing ports, I'll still accept the car and get the ports later too. But I'll be frustrated that, on my road trip a few days after delivery, I won't be able to charge my phone in my brand new luxury car.

I'm especially thankful for this forum and Electrek for alerting me that I should look out for these ports. I will definitely want it in writing that they will retrofit the ports in a few months at most. For a 70k car, it should have USB ports to charge your phone. Heck I'd expect a 25k car manufactured this year to have USB ports too.

At least it isn't BMW -- delivering cars without touchscreens, giving you a $500 credit, and never getting the car fixed in the future. WTH?