Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk opening every time app is opened

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed over the past few weeks that almost every time I open the Tesla app on my phone, the frunk opens. This happens whether I am at home, or, more annoyingly, when I'm out and about. If anyone else has experienced anything like this, I wanted to share some things that didn't help, and maybe something that did. Or if anyone knows what might be causing this, let us know. Some observations:

MYLR 2023, Fremont Build, HW3.
I have no aftermarket parts.
This started recently, so probably after 2023.12.9, but not right after updating.
Updated to 2023.20.4.1 yesterday, but the problem persisted.
Tesla app version 4.21.5-1749 (probably started after this app update).
I had Tessie linked to my Telsa, but I disconnected and the problem persisted.
I had 5 icons in the quick select area of the app. It didn't matter where the frunk icon was, or even if it was one of the five icons, nothing else seemed to be activated other than the frunk.
I rebooted the MCU, but also went down to 4 icons in the app at the same time (I know, changing two variables at the same time, bad science). The problem hasn't reoccurred in the past 12 hours, but maybe not enough time to tell.

TLDR: frunk opens most times the Tesla app is opened. Might be related to recent app update not liking 5 icons in quick select tray. Or could be that I should follow advice on rebooting MCU after each software update. Time will tell.