Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 coming to UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so no ordering yet, but looks like the ramp up towards releasing orders is coming, just got the following email from Tesla about the first Model 3s to look at in the UK :)

"Join us at our London Park Royal or Manchester-South locations, the first stores in the United Kingdom to feature Model 3 on display.

Starting Wednesday 5th December visit us with your reservation number to get priority access to sit inside Model 3 and experience the expansive glass roof, premium interior and 15-inch touchscreen display. Tesla product experts will be available to answer any questions on your upcoming order."

Went to see the car at Park Royal yesterday..a few quick points

• They give you very little time with the car (like 4 minutes)..! So know what you want to see in advance
  • It is a US spec - the event staff are (woefully) under prepared for questions (for instance - differences to Euro spec)
  • They try to up sell you to the MS like crazy

That said - it’s still worth going if you can! Very excited now I’ve seen the car in the flesh!

Very excited now I’ve seen the car in the flesh!
I went last week during the week and had plenty of time to look around. I think 4 mins is enough really considering a long que of other reservation holders. The paint looked great, so did the fit and finish, there were a few quirks that they must have though out properly after the model S e.g shopping bag hooks in the frunk, suit holder tabs in the roof lining. The screen was responsive and the UI excellent I especially liked the graphics for the vents.

So which colour are you going for?

Interesting that although the "Delivery Estimator" for my M3 reservation still says "Early 2019", the UK Model 3 page looks like it's been updated, and now says "Deliveries start in the second half of 2019" :(

Screenshot 2018-12-14 17.32.59.png

Given that even the cheaper of the two EU models is going to cost nearly £50,000 (with some paint and autopilot) and we may still have 6 months to wait, anybody else tempted to have a ex-showroom Model S 75D for about £68,000 instead?

£69,207 with 409 miles on the clock
The question comes down to whether you want to wait for the model 3 which If you reserve now you might get mid 2019. With that budget you should be able to get a performance model 3 too. do you need the size of the model S? it has some advantages of being a larger car with more space, smoother ride with air suspension, more interior space, 2 screens, motorised tailgate...also you get it now I'm guessing within a week if you want it. I've PM'd you with my contact details if you fancy a chat over the phone.