Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model 3 rear vs front doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I got delivery of model 3 yesterday and have a question pls! Do rear doors open differently in model 3 compared to Front doors ( from inside)? I noticed my front doors unlatch just by pressing ‘open’ button while rear doors need a push too? Not sure if its normal or is a defect. Any guidance/ feedback is appreciated.

Hi,
I got delivery of model 3 yesterday and have a question pls! Do rear doors open differently in model 3 compared to Front doors ( from inside)? I noticed my front doors unlatch just by pressing ‘open’ button while rear doors need a push too? Not sure if its normal or is a defect. Any guidance/ feedback is appreciated.
In my 2021, all the doors pop out a bit when pressing the button. However, I'm not sure if this may have changed with later versions.

Upvote 0
Hi,
With the back doors its a case of press and hold the button and then push the door. Apparently a safety thing.
Rear door opening

Upvote 0