Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y 2023 Totaled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I recently had crash with MY 2023 (with other party at fault).

The car had major damage on driver side due to collision with other car being at fault and then car had collision with wall on passenger side Having minor damage.

Do you guys think if the damage is repairable or is the car totalled?

Thank you for any response.

Attachments

• IMG_7328.jpeg
    IMG_7328.jpeg
    508.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7330.jpeg
    IMG_7330.jpeg
    575.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7329.jpeg
    IMG_7329.jpeg
    556.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7331.jpeg
    IMG_7331.jpeg
    729.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7327.jpeg
    IMG_7327.jpeg
    687.7 KB · Views: 57
I've watched a lot of these accident repair stories unfold over the years.
One deciding factor is usually airbags.
Rarely do they get rebuilt once there's two corners to replace.
Looks like this was a relatively low speed, "slow" impact.)
The repair of the A-pillar extends rearward, so that's more complex than it looks.
I'd say the chassis is still square, but the impact will have gotten into the front end, steering, suspension, plumbing, there are many expensive components densely bundled between the front wheels, vulnerable to being shoved as that space collapses.
Both fenders, hood, bumper, headlights, radiators, looks like both front doors, brakes, wheels.
Once you factor in having the vehicle off road for 3 months (typical) and then recurring warranty issues with the repair and with the vehicle itself, the adjustor will have discretion to some extent. If you say "kill it" there's a good chance they will cooperate. If you say "oh my precious, irreplaceable car with such meaning and history in our family" they will stretch a lot further in your favor.
Of course this being an anonymous, near new, mass production vehicle with no apparent upgrades (remember to claim for replacing paint protection film or any other receipted improvements) you're far better off arguing in favor of "cut a check for my purchase price, please" … then go buy one for less dollars. Year end discounting and incentives should result in you have a better deal and maybe a '24 VIN. : )

Last edited:
Reactions: Watts_Up