Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 month old Tesla Model 3 Long range T-Boned [Is this totaled?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Yes have it going to Tesla Collision body shop. This is Tesla owned. The nearest appointment is late Nov ! They are trying to see if they can get this in right away. I will let AAA deal with storage fees.
  • No, they already paid $270.4 for towing. Tesla shut itself and turned off 12V battery right after the accident.
  • I will need to file a"Loss of Use" with the other insurance to get additional for rental car.
  • I am not sure if the $1178.15 is for DV. This is very low. I will have to fight this out, I will likely use one of the serviuces that value the car and establish diminished value.
Despite some peoples objection, I would really like it if you keep us in the loop.

I don't know how a loss of use works, Assume that opens up the rental car bank account?

I dont have to tow. The Tesla is in AAA posession at Copart. They will need to move it to Tesla Collision on 11/6.
Have been thinking about all of the virtually perfect cars Tesla sells to auction houses as salvage. Again looking at the pics Again of your M3 the car is likely bent.
The lower Rocker that protects the battery will have to be cut out and replaced.
the B pillar looks pushed in and obvious damage to the rear door hinge area.

I would demand the raw data from a frame machine and a 4 wheel alignment as the car sits.
If it is out of alignment that body is bent because none of the impact was in a wheel area.

Just me, but if this was my car I would Demand a new car. When you decide to eventually sell it it will be the equivalent of a salvage title if you show any prospective buyer pics of the original damage. Regardless of how well the repair comes out and regardless of the non total determination. That car is worse than many sold on the bid on salvage car auction sites. Here is Hoping Tesla disagrees with the insurance companies adjuster and totals the 3.

@Soul Surfer Harsh, but a fair assessment if OP was really asking about "is it totaled?". I don't see that in the post; rather there's a couple of questions asked.

@EVowner1 As to your direct question: I have never filed a diminished value claim. Really never knew about it until I joined this forum and saw all the people wanting to file one after an accident. My advice would be to first ask your insurance company what your coverage is on your policy, then ask about their procedures in filing a DV claim. Only as a last resort should you get a lawyer involved (said as a father to one of this year's Judicial Fellowship class members). What you may get in the way of restitution from the DV claim, most of that could go to the lawyer.
In retrospect YOU are right. I apologize to the OP. Personally I would prefer to write it off, given the repair cost.

Reactions: father_of_6
This is a Good outcome.
This should also get you back on the road in whatever you choose much quicker.

When you decide to sell or upgrade There won't be a problem with all of the history of a damaged but repaired car.

Your old one may provide someone else lots of parts needed to get another 3 Back on the road.
Glad the repair worries are over and you can Now move forward.

Reactions: EVowner1
Final Update: AAA has decided to total and is giving me full value cash for the Tesla.
Probably the best result that you could expect; sorry for your loss of your new baby.

From a couple of articles I read today, if you maintain this vehicle on your Tesla account, you might see it resurrected in Ukraine in several months:

Reactions: EVowner1