Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Taillight alignment issues

Does anyone else have this issue ?

• Yes

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Had it but fixed

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Not fixed yet

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model Y and the Driverside tail light and charge door is not plus.
The passenger side tail light has part of it sunken past the sheet metal and overall the fit is not good.
The entire taillight is not plus with the trunk link as well.

Same issue, scheduled a visit with the service center and they were able to fix it. Looks way better than it did when I first took delivery of the car.
Just take some photos and schedule an appointment, service center should be able to adjust for you.

Same issue, scheduled a visit with the service center and they were able to fix it. Looks way better than it did when I first took delivery of the car.
Just take some photos and schedule an appointment, service center should be able to adjust for you.
I did one appointment and it came better but still not plush with the surroundings and also one side is in and the other is out.

Today, I checked at least seven MYs while waiting for mine, which I end up refusing because of the color issues. All of them had problems with the taillight’s alignment.
Yes I think I will wait a bit. They should probably replace them with new design ones. It’s not a show stopper though. The car is great even though I was prepared to refuse delivery and noticed it. I decided it was not so serious for me to refuse. I understand your call. Hope they resolve these silly flaws and improve their QA

I did one appointment and it came better but still not plush with the surroundings and also one side is in and the other is out.

Sorry to hear that, I will see my charge port door is still not completely flush >_<
I have another appointment scheduled next week for other issues I have come across, will try and see if they can take a look at getting it actually flush and not just partially.

Just dropped our Model Y off to fix delivery issues. Before taking delivery last week, we noticed that all the Model Y's and some of the Model 3's in the parking lot had the misaligned charging port. We were told today by the service technician that this is actually as designed to address water intrusion problems into the charge port. Has anyone heard of this issue before?

Just dropped our Model Y off to fix delivery issues. Before taking delivery last week, we noticed that all the Model Y's and some of the Model 3's in the parking lot had the misaligned charging port. We were told today by the service technician that this is actually as designed to address water intrusion problems into the charge port. Has anyone heard of this issue before?
Sounds like BS. Most who've reported that have has Service replace the charge port door.