Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Panel Gaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!
It's delivery day for me, but I'm noticing some gaps for trunk and driver side's taillight. I took some pictures that I measured with a calipher.

I'm seeing 8.4 mm gap for driver side taillight and 6.0 mm gap for trunk.​

For the tail light gap, I can fit my finger in. (Just as reference, on the passenger side's tail light, I'm not able to fit my finger in)

IMG_4300.jpeg

IMG_4301.jpeg

Before rejecting it you should go look at the car you drove into the Tesla store and see how the gaps are on it. My Hondas and Acuras were every bit as bad and they were great cars. Conversely the fit and finish of my German cars was fabulous but too much of the time they could not be admired on the road because they were being repaired.

It looks like it can be fixed by adjusting the taillight fitment... Please don't ever use that digital caliper on my Toyota.... I bet the variance is about 10mm between different gaps on my FJ. is that caliper plastic?, did you get that on Alibaba for $4?

Thank you! It seems like mine are bigger 🥲 I'm leaning towards rejecting the car and hoping to have better luck next time
Probably a good call. If you accept something your not satisfied with you will be unhappy the whole time you own it. While Tesla has gotten better their quality can still be hit or miss.

Many owners accept these issues because the positives outweigh the negatives. I'm hoping Tesla can start focusing more on improving build quality this year.

Reactions: WyoDude and vet757