Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA OWNERS CLUB OF ONTARIO. Any advatnage or perks signing up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well first of all the club is officially sanctioned by Tesla.
TMC is an independent site and just a forum.
We have monthly chapter meetings, periodic social functions etc. We send out a lanyard, nametag, pen and window decal. There is a once a year discount on clothing in the Tesla.com shop. I have a direct connection to Tesla management etc.
Where are you located?

Reactions: Akikiki
I am a member of the club and I think it is worth it. For example, the social events that are held on some occasions are free for members only; we have monthly chapter meetings where there is a meal and a guest speaker presentation - topics vary and we try to get speakers for presentations on subjects and topics that members want to know more about. We have excursions for members only - like wine tours, upcoming social getaways and access to information that you may have questions about. Also, how long have you had your Tesla? you may have questions; is this your first winter with an EV? you may have questions... we have members who have had their Tesla's since the very beginning in 2014.

We have lots of collective experience and knowledge with EV's - many members are what i would call, not just early adopters but pioneers in that they travel the globe with their Teslas and have stories to tell about what they went through and how to get the best out of your car. Sure there are people on the forums who will lend their advice, but you do not always know where that advice is coming from. Advice through anonymity can be less than accurate/believable.

This is just my view/opinion... I am a member and i see great value in it. It is totally up to you to assess what value you see in it.

What I do know is the club stands at over 500 members. Makes for great social functions/activities and interatcion with nice people and good food with shared camaraderie. Give it a try for one year a see for yourself... best way to judge value for yourself.

Hope to see you at a meet-up/function... take care.

Note, I have a correction to the above. I spoke with a few members of the executives of the club and they corrected me on the date of when the Tesla experience started for members of the club. There are those who had original roadsters - 2010 and early model S from 2012. So really good experience.

Cheers.

Reactions: Akikiki
Should be called the Tesla Owners club of Toronto as opposed to Ontario but that is typical for Torontonians :p

I would like to see something in the Ottawa area and, personally, a facebook group just does not cut it. I get that it is easier to maintain a web presence with it but there is no way that I would ever use anything to do with facebook. Also, not sure why it is kept as private group. If they insist on using facebook then just make it public so that everybody can see it without having to have an account?

John, wouldn't it be better to help the other groups in Ontario become official clubs like has been common throughout the rest of the world instead of sub chapters (Tesla Owners Club Directory

This way each can gain the benefits individually, instead of having to share the limited benefits afforded to TOCO? (I.e. yearly discount code, events @ local Tesla locations, direct contact with Tesla corporate, etc...).

Any group can contact Tesla and ask to be a chapter. But sub chapters are becoming the norm now in BC, the UK and Australia.
There are certain requirements that need to be met.
We figured the fact that we already have insurance in place, have money from our sponsors and membership dues that we could share and assets like CHAdeMO adaptors, a tent and banners available that it would make more sense.
We also have membership software, an email program and a process to send out membership kits to new members.
It takes quite some time to establish a club, so being a sub chapter would be a lot easier to service people in other areas of the province.