Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, Please consider: One simple tweak could turn FSD beta from "pretty bad" to "pretty sweet"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is me this morning cruising in the carpool lane on FSD.

FSD kept going in and out of carpool lane because the logic says "i can't be in this lane" or "cars in front are driving too slow so i need to pass on the left". I was on chill mode with minimal lane changes, but the car kept changing lanes over and over. I finally took off FSD because people around me was road raging as i cut them off multiple times.

I also had online routing off because it was picking dumb routes like exit the freeway and getting back on at the next enterance.

20230412_094547-01.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Dewg
to be clear, it isn't marketing statements they are having to clean up, its Elon making wild unattainable future-thinks that are picked up as statements of direction. Yet when they get called out on FSD not being self driving they back pedal and call it L2 driver assistance and that FSD is only meant as feature name and not functionality. (remember that "Self Driving" cannot be L2)
That's my problem when folks try to extract meaning from "Full Self Driving" when it isn't a functional definition, which means you can't play word games with it to imply any functionality. In this case it was being used to attempt to imply that "Full" somehow added more capability to "Self Driving".
It's no more meaningful than Budweiser being the king of beers :rolleyes:
I don't think there is any question in anyone's mind what "Full Self Driving" means. Yeah, Tesla lawyers may decide to play word games to navigate all the litigation but nobody, Tesla included, is thinking FSD means anything but its literal translation - i.e. Robotaxi.

Reactions: Twiglett and Genie