Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla pulled in delivery date from 7/1 to 6/30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what does one day matter?

1. It is a clue to the fact that Tesla has some headroom on the 200k USA Tax Credit.

2. Makes me feel a little more comfortable on the free lifetime premium internet. Just in case the “leak” and “Tesla confirmation” of said leak was not accurate and it is actually; Delivered before July 1 instead of Ordered before July 1.

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity
So what does one day matter?

1. It is a clue to the fact that Tesla has some headroom on the 200k USA Tax Credit.

2. Makes me feel a little more comfortable on the free lifetime premium internet. Just in case the “leak” and “Tesla confirmation” of said leak was not accurate and it is actually; Delivered before July 1 instead of Ordered before July 1.

You just need to order not take delivery. Smart move by musk opening all orders while stating if you order before July 1st it’s free.

@luvb2b has some information that the 200k tax credit number is determined by the IRS based on the date that your vehicle is registered at the DMV. Assuming that your state DMV doesn't process registrations on Saturday, your delivery would be registered on Monday, the third quarter. But Tesla would get the cash and the sale in the second quarter.

Reactions: erthquake
Information from my local Tesla salesperson:

The car must be DELIVERED by 6/30 to get free lifetime premium internet.

He was very sure this was correct when I probed him about it. He said it came from “the head of all manufacturing” or something to that effect.

GSP

Information from my local Tesla salesperson:

The car must be DELIVERED by 6/30 to get free lifetime premium internet.

He was very sure this was correct when I probed him about it. He said it came from “the head of all manufacturing” or something to that effect.

GSP

The sales person is very wrong.

The configurator says:

"All orders placed before July 1 will receive Premium Connectivity with satellite maps with live traffic visualization, in-car streaming media and over-the-air updates via Wi-Fi & cellular."

The sales person is very wrong.

The configurator says:

"All orders placed before July 1 will receive Premium Connectivity with satellite maps with live traffic visualization, in-car streaming media and over-the-air updates via Wi-Fi & cellular."

I was told that meant for one year only, not lifetime.

However, I have watched Tesla long enough to not take what an employee says as correct without confirmation. The process can be frustrating.

GSP

Reactions: Ulmo