Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla rear windows vertical/parallel scratches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my Model S rear windows tinted today by reputable tinting company. They did a great job in the tints however it highlighted some perfectly vertical long straight scratches which run in parallel to each other on the outside of the car. (they took pics of these before applying the tints)

The scratches on both rear windows are perfectly straight and parallel, they are totally unnoticeable without tints unless you look hard for them.

Does anyone else have similar issues?

Seems that something is scraping the window as it goes up and down on the outside.

I would be grateful if you would check your car and report back if you have 2016 Model S or similar

Yes this has happened a few times to me, seems like either the handle mechanism is too close to the glass or there is grit in the chrome strip on the door, if you remove the chrome trim and clean that might help future scratches. If your car still has warranty speak to the service centre as they swapped out new glass for me

Reactions: NorthEastUk