TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Roadster 2.5 Road Test Review and Video

Discussion in 'News' started by TEG, Jul 11, 2010.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#1 TEG, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  2. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Awesome video non the less but I think he should have focused on the newer feature a little more.

3. phil612

phil612 Member

Did he call it a hybrid? Oh dear...

4. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

Yes, he kind of goofs up at the beginning (@0:20) and says "The Tesla Roadster Sport is unlike any hybrid you've ever seen or driven." Technically, he's not calling it a hybrid but your average Joe would probably think he saying "it's a hybrid".

Picky point: At the beginning he mentions the torque is "unlimited". Yes, it does feel that way, mainly because it's from 0 RPMs, but it's technically incorrect. :rolleyes:

A few points I did like:

- He says Valet Mode shows you the top speed achieved and distance traveled without saying it limits speed/power which, as others have noticed, isn't the case.

- He says it shares only 6% of the parts with the Elise. This is a number low enough that even non-car enthusiasts should realize it's not an Elise!

- @~6:42 he says "No gas, no oil" which makes up (a bit) for his screwing up and calling it a hybrid at the beginning.

- Just a slight smirk at 5:22, no real EV grins.