Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster vanity license plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Non-Custom Plate

Tesla Toronto registered my car and it got the VERY FIRST Ontario "Green Vehicle" plate.

4765952252_5bcddaa0a4_m.jpg

So much for the vanity plate... this is too cool!

Wow. Viral Tesla picture!

This picture in it's bigger form has made it all the way to the Netherlands.

Yesterday another owners and I received it more than once.

Of course it's Chronopublish's (nice work on the plate getting the viral going) here in LA (shot taken on the 5 freeway)

I have been sent the info on who took the picture, a Google image of the location and the link to the flicker page Chronopublish has the other shot that is linked to this thread.

Here is the one sent to me. This shot has gone viral in the Tesla circles. Who sent it to you Adm?

Edit to add:

This just sent to me the next day:

http://failblog.org/2010/07/19/epic-fail-photos-license-plate-win-2/

Attachments

• 2010.07.18TeslaRoadster-LOL_OIL.jpg
    2010.07.18TeslaRoadster-LOL_OIL.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Of course Jalopnik takes a difference stance: Funny, My License Says "WHERE2CHRG"

At least the first comment was pro-electric. Most of Jalopnik and it's regulars still follow the "It's powered by coal = dirty" partial-myth.

Yes, a coal-fired power plant is dirty. There is zero debate about that.

However, as most of us here know, when accounting for well-to-wheel pollution an EV puts out about half the pollution of a gas-powered vehicle.

This was already my favorite TMC thread ...

I've had this thread tucked away for the day that I get my own EV vanity plate, and that day is nearly here.

I'll be getting one of the first Chevy Volts in a couple months -- I've been dreaming of a Tesla for years, but I can't justify a Roadster and I don't want to wait until the Model S is out in volume. So I know I'm a poser, please be gentle :) I'll be doing the 3-year lease on the Volt, so by end of 2013 I'll be back in the market, in particular for a higher performance pure EV.

I have learned that in my state (Georgia) and maybe others as well, I order the plate first, and then register the car with it. So I can go ahead and get my plate before I actually have the car. I just have to register a car on it within 2 years or it returns to the pool.

Soooo, I have gone through this entire 32 page thread and made a list of all of the plates that remotely appeal to me. I called up the state DMV and talked the clerk into checking a couple for me (all taken!) but I've got a list of 35+ plates to check. I don't think I'll be able to talk someone into checking all of them :)

Does anyone know of a way to check plate availability, either nationally or specifically for Georgia? I believe it's against the law to just "run plates" to see who a car is registered to, unless you're a cop and have reasonable cause, but just checking whether it's a valid plate might be doable.

Last edited: