Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roof Rack!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!.....waiting for this. Finally gave up....ordered seasucker LITERALLY 30 minutes ago. Phone beeps "finally racks for model 3".NOOOO!...click back to amazon cancel seasucker order. Click on Tesla site "sold out" NOOOOOO!!!!!

Too coincidental... There must be a God...with a sense of humor...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!.....waiting for this. Finally gave up....ordered seasucker LITERALLY 30 minutes ago. Phone beeps "finally racks for model 3".NOOOO!...click back to amazon cancel seasucker order. Click on Tesla site "sold out" NOOOOOO!!!!!

Too coincidental... There must be a God...with a sense of humor...

Please take this advise. Do not buy or use Seasucker on any Tesla glass. This WILL crack the glass and you will be responsible to replace. Seasucker will be help or respond to anything like this. This is exactly what happened to me. I r commend returning the Seasucker item without using it.

They will NOT be helpful or reply.

Attachments

• 54E107D6-AE96-4928-8BD1-F2505DDED16D.jpeg
    54E107D6-AE96-4928-8BD1-F2505DDED16D.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 216
Please take this advise. Do not buy or use Seasucker on any Tesla glass. This WILL crack the glass and you will be responsible to replace. Seasucker will be help or respond to anything like this. This is exactly what happened to me. I r commend returning the Seasucker item without using it.

Odd, I have used Seasucker for both bike and ski's for years without any issue, on my glass pano model S. I have the whisperbar, but dont have the right screw connectors since they went out of business.

Not really! If you look at the close ups, there are no suction cups, and it seems to attach to the steel structure of the roof.
This is worth waiting for, and with 150 lbs. load rating it will carry my electric bike. if I can manage to hoist it up there!!
I was thinking it grabbed on to the edge of the glass but you are correct, there is a small metal lip for it to grab on to. I’ve order a hitch but it’s nice to know that it is possible to attach a roof rack.
68F548E8-AC83-4FA0-9ABD-034AA3BD52B9.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Jaywlker
I personally would not like a rack on top of my M3 unless it were easily removable because it would always steal some efficiency and range from the car as well as impact the aesthetics negatively. Plus there is almost always another better solution than semi permanent roof bars.

For bikes and such a hitch system (which I believe is available for the M3 from aftermarket companies) is a better solution.

For kayaks, SUPs, surfboards etc you can either do the sea sucker thing or something simple like this:
https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=dp_bc_6?ie=UTF8&node=10208178011

For skis and snowboards I do not know what people are doing for the M3, but I think sea sucker has something for that too. I personally put them in a bag and slot them down the center of my 6 seat MX. I wonder if there is space to do this in the m3 if you fold down the 40 part of the 60/40 folding seats? I keep requesting Tesla to put a little passage door one can open in the middle of the M3 seats like they have done on some VW's and other cars like this:
skihole.jpg

I personally would not like a rack on top of my M3 unless it were easily removable because it would always steal some efficiency and range from the car as well as impact the aesthetics negatively. Plus there is almost always another better solution than semi permanent roof bars.

For bikes and such a hitch system (which I believe is available for the M3 from aftermarket companies) is a better solution.

For kayaks, SUPs, surfboards etc you can either do the sea sucker thing or something simple like this:
https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=dp_bc_6?ie=UTF8&node=10208178011

For skis and snowboards I do not know what people are doing for the M3, but I think sea sucker has something for that too. I personally put them in a bag and slot them down the center of my 6 seat MX. I wonder if there is space to do this in the m3 if you fold down the 40 part of the 60/40 folding seats? I keep requesting Tesla to put a little passage door one can open in the middle of the M3 seats like they have done on some VW's and other cars like this:
View attachment 356987

Dude ...surfer gotta have racks. Non surfers would never understand and I don't expect them to. I had whisbars on my model S and loved them. I have never suffered from range anxiety and put over 100K miles on my model S with half of those with the racks attached. The racks themselves resulted in minimal if any change in my avg Wh/M. Sure when I loaded it up it had an effect but I have never even come close to having any range problems. I go surfing, SUPing, Kayaking almost every day and try to live a very active lifestyle for a 59 year old physician and grandfather. I am not going to let a few wh/m slow me down. I think my P3D+ is going to rock with the racks on. I swear to the flying spaghetti monster, if I had a Rolls Royce it would have surf racks

Dude ...surfer gotta have racks. Non surfers would never understand and I don't expect them to. I had whisbars on my model S and loved them. I have never suffered from range anxiety and put over 100K miles on my model S with half of those with the racks attached. The racks themselves resulted in minimal if any change in my avg Wh/M. Sure when I loaded it up it had an effect but I have never even come close to having any range problems. I go surfing, SUPing, Kayaking almost every day and try to live a very active lifestyle for a 59 year old physician and grandfather. I am not going to let a few wh/m slow me down. I think my P3D+ is going to rock with the racks on. I swear to the flying spaghetti monster, if I had a Rolls Royce it would have surf racks

Love the response. Seasuckers solution can be a rack actually. look it up. But ... I just learned that the rack Tesla is selling is easy off easy on not that that seems to matter to you since it sounds like you plan to just leave it on. Glad you're living healthy and enjoying life. Cheers

edit: just read your post further up and realize you totally know what Seasucker set up is. I hope Tesla gets you a rack soon.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cbardeen

We need more details. What type of Sea Sucker did you use? What were you carrying? Will Tesla Warranty Repair the glass?