Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S70D Late 2015, 26K miles, $43k - Santa Clara, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm "downgrading" to a new Model 3. I have a trade-in offer on my Model S for $40k (from vroom), but I have to act on it within a week. I'm trying to optimize for a quick easy sell over getting the highest possible price. This means I'll try to be as transparent as possible. It also means that this could be an opportunity to get a good deal if you're willing to move fast and make things easy on me.

I'm looking for the best offer I can get in the next week. I'm asking $43k, but I would let it go for $42k. If it's much less than that, then it would probably just be easiest to go with the vroom offer.

Here are the details:
  • Tesla S70D Late 2015
    • 70 kWH battery (about 210 mile range)
    • All Wheel Drive
  • 26,000 miles
  • Exterior: Blue
  • Interior: Black with White Headliner
  • Autopilot (AP1 Hardware)
  • Free supercharging and internet for life. (Transferrable to new owner.)
  • I bought the 4 year maintenance plan: one service left for transfer to new owner.
  • Some pictures here
  • Tires are in good condition. (I'll have to look up exactly when I had them replaced)
  • Brakes have been regularly checked during maintenance, but never had any work done on them.
  • I'm the original owner and the only driver
  • Never been in an accident
  • Never had any mechanical issues
The car was in the body shop once. I parked with the front bumper over a cement parking stop and when I backed out the bumper caught and was damaged. It looked like almost no damage, but they ended up replacing the whole bumper and repainting the front. It all looks like new now. There is also a small scratch in the paint. (I tripped and scratched it with my laptop). I tried to include a picture. I know Tesla sells a paint touch up kit for $55, but I never bothered with it because it wasn't that noticeable.

Other than that, the car really is in great condition. I've never had any problems with it at all. And it's by far the best car I've ever had and the most enjoyable to drive and own.

Here's some more info on researching price:
  • The Kelley Blue Book lists at about $40k - $46k
  • Here are some comparable used 70Ds from Tesla's site. My view shows them in the $43k - $50k. They mostly have higher milage than my car, but Tesla gives an extra warranty.
  • onlyusedtesla.com has a lot of 70D listings ranging from $40k to $50k+. (Honestly, some of the $50k listings seem somewhat high to me).
  • I have an offer from vroom.com for $40k even.

Thanks,
Brandon