Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla scanning software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Launch scanner and its the only manufacturer that has custom software to read things like park sensor errors.
What software/device out there will read tesla errors, like which park sensor is faulting?

Only Tesla's Toolbox can really do that. There are a lot of ODB-II type scanners and none of them will do anything useful on a Tesla, as ODB was designed for ICE cars. Yes, there is an ODB-II port, but it has no useful data. It can be useful to power a dashcam or radar detector.

I have an OBD2 scanner and a couple apps that I use. There is lots of good useful data, but I am not sure about parking sensors. Mine gives data such as battery temp, drive unit temp, voltage of each module and battery string. It also gives data like total kWh used from new, total charging kWh since new, input from sensors like steering angle, and ride height. Mine doesn’t have parking sensors (2013 model S) so can’t test that. The OBD2 was cheap and easy to hook up. I’d recommend it.

T-Diag and T-Can Pro are two aftermarket ones which are very expensive unless you hire them. The car uses UDS protocol which is like an advanced OBD2 protocol.
You can do some things yourself with a £20 usb to canbus adapter but you need to know your stuff.

So either buy the software for the launch or... ? There is no data reader for these cars that tell you what the actual vague messages on the dash are for?
Yeah as I said, T-Diag and T-Can Pro are aftermarket ones, Toolbox from Tesla but it's expensive.
You can view slightly more detail for error codes for free on the Tesla service site.