Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my first Tesla Service experience and wanted to share the positive outcome. Scheduling in the app was easy and granular. User picks date and time that works and is convenient. The app prompts user to add issues in categories, which was mostly useful. Prior to the appointment, received in-app messages to try to get additional details to the service center. On date of appointment, check-in was a breeze. I had two customers ahead of me but I was acknowledged as soon as I walked in. When it was my turn, the exchange regarding the issues were on point. Test drive was scheduled with one of the techs who immediately identified the noise issue before leaving the lot. They also resolved my concern about the tires. I was told at delivery that I had All-Season tires but it turned out to be Summer. Tesla replaced the tires with All-Season. The only issue not fixed was the charger overheating my phone and causing it to shut down. They were not able to reproduce the issue in their stationary test. But I experience the issue while driving. So, I intend to collect more data and return to get that addressed. Again, overall an excellent and pleasant first experience.

Rattling in the driver-side rear passenger area. The tech determined that something was not properly tied down. He stated it’s a known occurrence. The rattle is completely gone.

Thanks. Sounds like the well know rear seat back rattling issue. Mine had it from new and I just did the DIY-add-electric tape to the striker to fix it. I probably should add that to the list I am building of issues to address to get a more official and longer lasting fix.

Reactions: Orisun