Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service? or the lack thereof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Southern California and I am extremely disappointed at the lack of good customer support and service options from Tesla. Marketing a vehicle is not just about selling it, it is also about providing the service to maintain it.

The latest instance is an ongoing issue. We got a nail in one of the tires of our M3. Given how new the vehicle is, I first called Tesla support.

During my initial call, the rep took my number and told me someone would call me back in 24 -48 hours. For a tire with a nail in it! And I was warned that taking the vehicle to a local tire retailer instead would void my warranty. 28 hours later I got a call telling me that I should call Emergency roadside services to get this issue addressed.

When Emergency roadside services arrived, they told my wife (who had the vehicle at the time) that we will be charged for the service as the service is not covered under warranty and we could have the tire repaired anywhere we chose as there was no warranty implication at all.

I live in Southern California and I am extremely disappointed at the lack of good customer support and service options from Tesla. Marketing a vehicle is not just about selling it, it is also about providing the service to maintain it.

The latest instance is an ongoing issue. We got a nail in one of the tires of our M3. Given how new the vehicle is, I first called Tesla support.

During my initial call, the rep took my number and told me someone would call me back in 24 -48 hours. For a tire with a nail in it! And I was warned that taking the vehicle to a local tire retailer instead would void my warranty. 28 hours later I got a call telling me that I should call Emergency roadside services to get this issue addressed.

When Emergency roadside services arrived, they told my wife (who had the vehicle at the time) that we will be charged for the service as the service is not covered under warranty and we could have the tire repaired anywhere we chose as there was no warranty implication at all.
Why on earth would you call Tesla over a nail in your tire? If you need help with that get a AAA membership.

This is the stuff that is bogging down Tesla Service

Why on earth would you call Tesla over a nail in your tire? If you need help with that get a AAA membership.

This is the stuff that is bogging down Tesla Service
I mean I do agree. That's why I carry a spare on longer trips and a patch kit/jack/etc. all the time but...
Tesla Roadside Assistance is committed to providing you with immediate roadside services, 24/7 365 days a year.
Flat Tire
Damage to the wheel or tire that causes flat or unsafe driving conditions.
Coverage: Flat tire services are provided for up to 50 miles.
Roadside Assistance

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
I feel like there are more things like this getting posted lately. "Car owner" issues and not "Tesla owner" issues. I can't tell if this is a troll post, but I'll take the bait.

You're getting roasted here and deservedly so. It's a nail in a tire--a common hazard of driving. Is the Model 3 your first car or have you been so blessed to have never had to deal with a nail in a tire? Why would you expect Tesla to fix it at no cost to you and as an emergency to boot? Unless the tire was completely flat and undriveable, this isn't really what Tesla service and roadside assistance are for and it bogs down the system for problems that can only be handled by Tesla.

Take it to a tire shop for repair. Discount Tire will do it for free. No, your car's warranty will not be voided by have a tire puncture repaired. Sorry you heard that from an uninformed Tesla rep, but you should also do your own due diligence. Tires are even specifically excluded from the car's warranty coverage. May want to read this next time before complaining: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/tesla-new-vehicle-limited-warranty-en-us.pdf