Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service when far away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been researching the practical aspects of owning a Tesla. Here are a few questions I've come up with....

1. I'm 3-4 hours from the nearest service center. If I needed warranty work am I expected to bring it in or is there a remote service?

2. Can Teslas be towed just like any other vehicle (in terms of how it is hooked to the tow truck)? Can damage occur?

3. Currently, I rotate my own tires, etc. Do Tesla's have jack-points like any other vehicle?

1) in many cases you will be expected to bring the car in. And possibly leave it overnight without a loaner. Some areas do have remote service. You should check if there is a local Tesla owners group to get local input.

2) flat bed towing is fine. Would not pull for any distance (but that can recharge the car).

3) yes, they have a jacking point. Many owners will buy a hockey puck or custom made puck to put on the jack point area to provide more clearance so a jack doesn’t hit the battery.

4). Maybe. Snow tires are always recommended if your in an area with snow.

Thank you for the quick reply. Your answer to #1 is a concern…..I’ll have to do some research.
I love the car(s). We have 2 and will add a 3rd soon.

I've only had to go into service on average once every 1.5 years, so service hasn't been a big deal for me.

I still probably would not purchase one without knowing the local scene. Some areas do have a mobile tech that can handle a lot.