Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last nice Day. Before the Rain.
1705721041677.png

Reactions: Skavatar
How does it look?
Cannot grab it now, weather not cooperating for a good while.
But I have trees not far that starts shading about midafternoon, maybe 3 PM, especially when the sun arc is so low in the winter. Gets a bit better later but still shades, even on the 2nd story roof. Have a hill with trees right by me on the west side. Loss adds up over the year.

Reactions: Jones1
Ugly week. I set my Backup reserve to 50%. I’m almost to 50%. My wife had the electric space heaters on this morning. After 7am. 😢 I’ve only produce 1.1kWh
Have mine set to 0%! Living on the edge I know but don't expect power outages with this mild weather.

Anyone have luck filing their tax returns with the energy credit last year? IRS hasn't finalized the form 5695 for 2023 and can move forward with my return. Were they also late in finalizing the form in previous years?

Reactions: Jones1
Windshield has definitely held up better than my Ram 1500 and my Toyota. I see a bunch of micro chips. My Truck would have been cracked all the way across. Driving in Texas. 😆
My wife’s Toyota is on its second windshield. 2021.

Then it’s Cold Night. lol

Has anyone used Tesla insurance to replace a windshield yet?
I got a rock chip. That will spread soon. I glued it. To give me some time. A few days I hope.

View attachment 1011304
No, but I have Tesla replaced windshield when I first picked up the car years ago. It only took them 3 tries to make it right, wind noises, glue/silicon all over including inside trim, l don't worry about the insurance but the skill of the tech.

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Have mine set to 0%! Living on the edge I know but don't expect power outages with this mild weather.
This is the way. I'm filling back up at 8pm. My 3 systems are at 27% lowest, 37% and 54% but loads ranging from 2.8 kw, 1.1 kw and 1.9 kw respectively.
I think I should be able to go all the way to 8pm on days like this. Living through this winter gives me some idea on how the system performs and what I can cut off to lower the loads.

Free night at 8PM from Green Mountain is a good choice. Most other plans start free at 9PM and on days like this, I will be pulling from grid before then.

Today's generation is worse than last Monday during the freeze. I think raining all days is bad. At least you generate something during cloudy days.

Reactions: Skavatar and Jones1

Anyone have luck filing their tax returns with the energy credit last year? IRS hasn't finalized the form 5695 for 2023 and can move forward with my return. Were they also late in finalizing the form in previous years?
Yes. They were last tax season.