Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla-Spec Continental ProContact RX on Closeout at Tire Rack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tire Rack is discontinuing the Tesla-spec ProContact RX. I wonder if this means the tire itself is going away, or if Tire Rack itself is discontinuing it.

I really don't like any other tires currently available for my car due to efficiency reasons, and all the EV-specific ones aren't quite available yet, but I will need to replace my tires within the next couple of months.

Buying tires for this car has been such a hassle if you care at all about low rolling resistance! LOL

If you've got space to store them it might be worth buying a set for cheap. And if you end up choosing something else when the time comes I bet you could sell those tires for a reasonable amount.
Did a little more research and here's what seems to be happening.

The V1 of the ProContact RX is discontinued, and now there's a V2 Tesla OEM version available: ProContact RX T2 Tesla

If you want a summer-only tire on your 19", these Hankook seem to be what Tesla uses for those.

EDIT - I think I'm 100% wrong here. The T2 Tesla version is a 255 width, for the Model Y. So the T1 is still the Model 3's tire....I think.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LoudMusic
EDIT - I think I'm 100% wrong here. The T2 Tesla version is a 255 width, for the Model Y. So the T1 is still the Model 3's tire....I think.
Yes, you got that right; you were 100% wrong. ;)

The Model Y 19" had a T0 and T1 spec ProContact RX tire in 255/45R19 that TireRack is now discontinuing. Those are being replaced by a T2 spec tire. This tire size does not fit the Model 3.

The 235/40R19 ProContact RX T1 tire is still available for the Model 3.

Reactions: dcdttu