Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla taxi /chauffeur service in Cincinatti -- Drivr

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

neroden

Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan
Apr 25, 2011
Ithaca, NY, USA
Cincinnati company takes on Uber... by driving you in a Tesla: EXCLUSIVE - Cincinnati Business Courier

Only $2.50 / mile! :love:

Apparently they've been going for a year but I'd never heard of them until this article (they don't pop up if you do a Google search for Tesla rentals).

Maybe we could set up a forum specifically to collect information about the availability of for-hire Teslas? I don't like to do really long-distance drives, but I'd often prefer to be riding in s Tesla at my destination.

Cincinnati is actually a perfect test market.

Cincinnati a pretty good test market, study says - Cincinnati Business Courier

No on to more important matters. Rifleman - Nick and I have been toying with this idea for a while. I left Tesla in August and Nick followed shortly after. We have big plans and big people to help us get there. Expect to see some disruption just as Elon likes it.

Any city is a decent test market, but I probably would have picked one with lots of out of town visitors. A local population representative of the US does not necessarily translate to a taxi-using population representative of US taxi users. I know there are already Tesla chauffeur and rental services in LA and Chicago -- but so far they've mostly been able to charge fantastical and exotic premiums (well above my willingness to pay), to the point where some don't even publish their prices. So there clearly need to be more entrants in the market to bring the price down.

Yours is the first in the US with plausible pricing in general (although the Chicago operation has not-totally-crazy pricing for airport limo service, and I think there are several in Europe with plausible pricing). Anyway, I'm likely to visit San Diego, Los Angeles, Portland OR, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, DC, Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Grand Rapids MI, and Lansing MI, and I'd preferentially hire a Model S in any of those cities if the price was remotely competitive with taxis.

Because there are several other all-Tesla taxi companies in Europe, I would appreciate it if someone would start assembling a list of such companies. They've been hard to find through Google.