Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to make 8.2 million batteries daily

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They won't be 18650 cells. Why would they be?
Rumors are for a 21700 cell, 5Ah.
So, a Model S would need ~4000 cells.

8 Mil cells per day, and I am guessing 0 available to small time entrepreneurs, e-bike builders, etc.

I am sure they will be happy to sell you an off grid storage pack for ~$15 per cell, though. :cursing:

googled 21700 on here since I saw Samsung just announced their 21700 cells.

21700 batteries, noted for their upgraded energy capacity compared to previous cylindrical types. The 18650 battery, or rather the small cylindrical battery of 18mm diameter and 65mm length, has been in dominant use until recently. However, the creation of new battery applications has boosted the demand for high capacity batteries. In response, Samsung SDI has come up with a battery that has upgraded a maximum of 35% of energy volume, now known as the 21700 battery, and has successfully applied it onto e-bikes for the first in the world.

The 21700 model can have various applications other than e-bike, such as in electric tools, laptops, and more. It is expected to become the new standard in small cylindrical battery usage.