Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to make "exciting announcement on Thursday" (correction Tuesday)

What will Elon's "exciting announcement" be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be awesome if it were GenIII related...or FA related. But I think both has less than a 0.00000000001% chance.

I agree 100% on this. Elon did this is "2nd in a 5 part trilogy" so we could still get some Gen3 news (concept reveal?) for part 5 when that occurs. Of course, Tesla could be waiting until closer to Model X release before showing the Gen 3 concept.

I'm gonna close the pole in the next 10 minutes or so, so be sure to vote if you didn't already. The wiki at the top of the thread will stay open.

Thanks for the notice, doug. I've cast my vote.

Anyone else seeing a completely broken ir.teslamotors.com website right now? See attached screenshot for what my browser shows.
irtm.jpg

... What if to AUGMENT the supercharger strategy--which is all about intercity driving--they were installing HPWCs at chains like Starbucks? For in-city driving, it would be great to get a 25-50 mi/hr. boost ...

Totally agree. Having the SCs inter-city alone is not much help - you need them at your destination too. Lets say I drive to the beach (200+ miles away) and stay for a week. The SC half-way there will get me to the beach, but I also need a top-up during the week's stay. SCs are needed at destinations, too. Looking forward to this reality!

The website was taken down over an hour and a half ago with a splash page saying tesla motors will return shortly... I am thinking its related to the announcement. a new website launch at same time, this may be bigger than most thought.