Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trade In

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trading in my car and I know Tesla usually offers less than somewhere like Carmax. I have heard Tesla will match the offer you get as long as it's a hard copy. My question in, if I accept Tesla's trade in offer now, and I get a better offer later, will they still match?

I am trading in my car and I know Tesla usually offers less than somewhere like Carmax. I have heard Tesla will match the offer you get as long as it's a hard copy. My question in, if I accept Tesla's trade in offer now, and I get a better offer later, will they still match?

You’ll have to contact Tesla about that. Nothing is set in stone until you sign I believe. Not sure what their Terms are on the site during the information fill out but I imagine you’ll be alright. Some CarMax’s are still open right now depending on the location

From what I heard Tesla only matches Carmax. Idk if it's the market right now, but Carvana way low balled me. KBB low end trade for my golf r is 17k, carvana quoted 13800.
Oh wow.

Might be. We're selling my wife's 2017 Santa Fe ultimate with 21k miles and Carvana is giving us about 22k which is about right I guess for everyone to make a little money on the sale.

Tesla will match Carvana or other legitimate car buying service if they are in the area and you can provide hard copy paperwork of the offer and it’s still valid. They don’t match online offers. I know that in many/ most cases when they match CarMax or other, they credit your new car purchase with that trade-in amount and then they take the paperwork for your car and offer from CarMax along with a power of attorney and they go turn it into CarMax for the money.