Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in question?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a trade in offer which states I have to accept by March 16/24.
Is it correct they only honour trade in amount for 30 days, than you need to reapply?

So it would be best to wait near to March 16 to accept offer?

First time purchasing a Tesla.

Dan

Just curious - do you have a specific reason for distrusting what they're telling you?

I'd assume if they said 30 days, it's 30 days. I can't confirm that timeframe personally, but I have read posts from people whose trade-in offer changed after waiting too long.

Do you have a reason for waiting until the very last moment? I actually suspect that if you don't complete the sale within that 30 day timeframe, your trade-in offer may not stand.

Tesla's trade-in offers are said to be on the low end. They're just sending those cars off to auction.

Accepted the trade in offer today, which states trade in will have to re submitted March 16 if not taken delivery of my Tesla.
If I put on less than 60 kms in that time, hopefully offer will not lose to much value. As of total kms on my Mazda MX 30 is 801 kms…

Dan

Reactions: father_of_6
Sorry to jump in on the topic, but I was wondering if we have a trade-in that still has payments with Tesla, and we want to roll that into the loan. Will that change the interest rate we have on the loan documents for the new car? or will it just be added to the total at the end?

I have a trade in offer which states I have to accept by March 16/24.
Is it correct they only honour trade in amount for 30 days, than you need to reapply?

First time purchasing a Tesla.

Dan
for non Tesla trade-ins, they immediate sell them to a broker that takes them to the wholesale industry auctions
the 30 day window Tesla gives to us, is the 30 way window the broker commits to buying at that price from Tesla
the auction circuit is very dynamic, whereas a large snow capable SUV does well Dec to Feb, as soon as March comes the prices drop
same as no convertibles in Dec
Tesla's trade-in customer experience was stellar for me, did 3x, and the number offered is competitive for non-collectible trades, when you consider the sales tax savings and the seamlessness of driving in, leaving the trade and driving away with your new Tesla
completely different experience from the lowball haggling of the legacy auto buying nightmare
ex one of my trades a Nissan dealer offered me $2K but would not commit until seeing the vehicle, i offered photos
Tesla offered me $9K with only photos

Hits on trade-in value are the accident records on the vehicle, you'll give photos and talk to the condition, but they will search insurance records, the insurance industry fiefdom,
so if no accidents the number will be fair, if accidents, the offer might be lower than you expect
advice, do not detail the trade, deep clean, Tesla does not care, they do look for ripped seats, damage in the interior from the photos

you will have no regrets, the buying experience will be perfect, good luck and glad you are committed to the mission

Reactions: miatadan