Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trivia Test!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Padelford

Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
Here's an image of the large Model X cargo area mat:

upload_2017-12-29_22-47-40.png

See the squares in the upper left and right - what are they for? The "manual" that came with the mat doesn't mention this.

I don't see this question as Tesla trivia related so my guess is that you're really just looking for an answer. If so, I think that's where you put the carpet mat anchors if you use them so the area is reinforced. The front mats come with the anchors, but not the back, frunk or trunk, at least that's how the Tesla ones are for my S. You likely won't need them since they fit snug but I use the anchors for the driver's mat. Weathertech makes them and rebrands them Tesla and the odd thing was that Tesla sells them cheaper than the actual weathertech version, at least when I bought mine a few years ago.

If it really a Tesla related trivia test, and I got it wrong, please tell us the answer.

Here's the answser:

Though this is really trivial, it exemplifies the MANY, MANY undocumented features on a Tesla. Neither the owners manual nor the instructions with the mat told me (1) there was a cargo hold-down on the back of the third row seats and (2) the squares are cut-outs for accessing the cargo hold downs. Because the seat back hold downs are flat black, I hadn't noticed them before. I have found the cargo hold-downs next to the rear hatch door.

Reactions: Jimmy 1