Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did someone fill their buy quota earlier today?

Goldman Sachs raises their price target from $455 to $780, upgrade to Buy.

View attachment 613873

From time to time living in Europe and being a night owl is a nice combo. At other times it will make me too exited to go to bed at my usual hour...

No dilution whatsover when the money goes directly onto the balance sheet. Each shareholder owns a chunk of that new money. It's a net wash.

I'm learning towards more like 5-15 Million shares "At the Market" mostly targeted to paying off convertible notes.

IMO dilution is less than those notes converting, interest payments are saved, and it is a good opportunity to tap capital at a good price.

I still think Tesla has to spend capital efficiently, as that is part of the "game of pennies", they can't lower product prices without efficient capital deployment. And the need to be efficient limits the pace of deployment. 4680 Cell production via a proven formula might be the exception, if they can source the raw materials, at the right price, the demand for energy storage batteries is stellar.

Factory wise Berlin and Austin are making great progress, I would not be surprised to see them progress straight from phase 1 to phase 2, whether or not that needs extra capital is hard to judge,

Frank's analysis showed a demand short fall of around 40 Million shares.

I'm also mulling over whether there will be a net increase in short positions, new short positions > old short positions closed.

Some of those old vocal short positions might effectively be "propaganda shorts", those wanting to slow Tesla down might be happy to tip some money into those funds to keep them alive. To be clear I think the short seller still thinks they are right, and they will make money.
But periodic investments in those funds might be a cost effective way of keeping a negative narrative going, and the short seller will not know what is motivation behind their investors, they will just be glad "fools" still want to invest with them

So a conservative view is the opportunity for Tesla might not be as great as it seems, but up to 15 Million shares at a very good price seems like a safe bet.

If we fully understand everything that will happen with shorts, then perhaps that might indicate a bigger opportunity.

5 @ 543, all I could do.
Almost bought at work 2 days ago on the go between 2 cases at $565 but when I was about to push confirm on my phone someone called me for an emergency and couldn’t complete it after.

Now I have to go thank that person because I bought $20 lower today.

I hit the 3 last dips before the S&Pinclusion announcement and hit the dip today.

reached my number of shares amount I was aiming.

Now I stop, I promise.

2. Increasing the size of Tesla's authorized but not issued shares.

The number of shares is codified in the company's Bylaws, and cannot be increased solely at the discretion of the Board of Directors. Rather, such action must be put to a vote of shareholders. So, while there is a vanishingly small chance that the vote would go against the proposal, it does introduce a time element. Me? As a member of the Board I would straightaway put that on the table and have shareholders vote to increase the number authorized shares from the current 2 billion (?? I think) to 20 or 50 billion. That should take care of any number of stock splits for some time to come.

Pretty sure I've seen this as well. That without a new decision there can only be 2 billion shares. I think we are now over 1 billion which means there can not be a 2:1 split without this vote.

If Tesla is planning an new split or not shouldn't make a difference. It's always useful to have the possibility if needed so I'll be surprised if this isn't brought to a vote at the next annual meeting.

If it's possible/legal to do a vote outside an annual meeting it would be a great idea to do it now. Just a vote that they are allowed to create more shares. Not that they necessarily should right now. If it's allowed just do the vote online next week. It would create panic with shorts, funds, MMs and the S&P.

Would be so much fun to watch.

Edit: Here's link that says 1.1 billion shares as of 9/30

Tesla Shares Outstanding 2009-2020 | TSLA

Last edited:
Can we conclude GS isn't part of the anti-Tesla cabal.
GS are actually major holders of TSLA, at least they were back in Sept, according to Yahoo finance. (Plus whatever additional chairs they bought right before this upgrade)

Capture.PNG

This Goldman Sachs research article makes us all look like clairvoyant geniuses lol.
I’m getting suspicious that someone here is GS’s ghost-writer. I mean, that is all right out of our playbook (except about 3 years pessimistic). Any ideas who it might be?

Home and Commerical building (3-D printing/casting?)

Yep with you here 100% Dodger, all of the list.

On this particular one, I've seen a video of a robot 3-D printing a house out of bricks.

Boring bricks could be used, and the whole house be a be a CAD design with built in ducts for plumbing and electricals

A bit more automation/prefabrication of solar roof installation, and that is most of the house structure done.

But the one that is desperately needed is:-
Housing HVAC (super efficient home and commercial)

The reason for that is we need to phase out domestic gas use ASAP, that requires an efficient solution for home heating and cooling and hot water. My hunch is Tesla may deploy the car heat pump more or less unmodified and simply use multiple heat pumps to achieve the desired result. Elon didn't mention unmodified, but he did mention multiple heat pumps.

Almost bought at work 2 days ago on the go between 2 cases at $565 but when I was about to push confirm on my phone someone called me for an emergency and couldn’t complete it after.

Now I have to go thank that person because I bought $20 lower today.

I hit the 3 last dips before the S&Pinclusion announcement and hit the dip today.

reached my number of shares amount I was aiming.

Now I stop, I promise.
Said the same to myself...many many times.