Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I track $NIO, $LI and $XPEV - and yes, they follow the path recently, which demonstrates it's nothing an issue per-se with $TSLA
I saw some of my other companies took a dump as well today. All had stellar earnings, two of them raised guidance by a significant amount too. But just like Tsla, they have been weak as hell the past 2 weeks.

🤦‍♂️

So I am out on a camping trip and while I am enjoying a nice cold brew.....I must be drunk....because I thought I saw @Krugerrand as a dog.

Cat's don't change their spots like that...do they.

Maybe there is hope for mankind.
Now excuse me I have to go take care of a MARGIN CALL.

Then back to planning our dog day on the mountain....it's going to be so fun!

SP sucks though.

Don't whine, that's a sure a sign of great success as you'll ever get!

Luckily one of my accounts is tax free, but my other not and I'm expecting a bill towards the end of the year for around €150k - and that's with most of the gains locked up in June 2022 LEAPS...

Hey ho, we're very fortunate to be paying such high taxes

Another 30 days, and I will be in the Long term Cap gains camp. If SP remains this low, I will make my move ;)

Have the # of Ships leaving Shanghai for 1st month been discussed in the context of China April sales?

From Tesla Carriers .. Tesla Carriers
SHG
Quarter # of Ships Month1 of Quarter
21Q2 ------ 2
21Q1 ------ 1
20Q4 ------ 1
I believe the count is 4 from GF3 and 8 from the US... But I'm old, and can't remember what I ate for breakfast, so check that...

🤦‍♂️
Follow up report, the driver had a Tesla coffee mug in the cup holder.

This fire was clearly Tesla's fault and NHTSA may be conducting an investigation.

So this is what made Tesla rethink their $BTC strategy

After following the GPU craze due to being an AMD investor, I know exactly what's it's like for these miners. They spool up big time when the prices are high, and dump their hardware when prices are low. There are no consistent mining practices for the most part. They single handily crashed the GPU market in 2019 when BTC crashed down to 3-4k (so everything else followed) after the monstrous run up to 18k. Today, the cheapest next generation GPU you can buy from Nvidia/AMD is north of 1500 dollars, about 4X MSRP! There was some signs of relief until Tesla's bought BTC which completely destroyed the market and created chaos in the supply chain.

So it's no surprise that crypto power usage shoots to the stars after gigantic run ups. This is why whatever Tesla picks will just cause that particular coin to be mined harder. So it's best to stay away from minable coins.