Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-2-26_20-11-15.png

From usually very reliable insider sources it seems GF1 is producing 8K/week.
1k/week goes to GF3.

That is more than fantastic news - blowout quarter, beating Q42019, could be in the books :)

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-26_20-10-46.png
    upload_2020-2-26_20-10-46.png
    37 KB · Views: 68
  • upload_2020-2-26_20-11-1.png
    upload_2020-2-26_20-11-1.png
    37 KB · Views: 53
So to people concerned about Y cutting in to 3 demand I’d say that the X did not cut in to S demand at all.

however the 3 coming out and the S/X aging did plateau sales earlier than most here thought, but it wasn’t because of the X. (Please don’t argue me on this I remember when the board thought 100k combined S/X would be on the low side of annual demand)

I've been wondering for a while why our Spain/Netherlands/Norway (near) real time registrations' tracker is not going up even after the first Q1 shipments have reached Europe. Looks like we have the reason: Germany. The Twitter user @RocksTesla posted these pictures from a German delivery center in Neuss, just outside of Düsseldorf. Sales have been picking up since the Model 3 launch, but I still feel like the 10k delivered in the country last year is still way below the potential there. These pictures most certainly look like a boost in German deliveries to me. @avoigt any thoughts on this?
ERp6GncXYAEkCwc

ERp6GrAWsAEM5ZY

So to people concerned about Y cutting in to 3 demand I’d say that the X did not cut in to S demand at all.

however the 3 coming out and the S/X aging did plateau sales earlier than most here thought, but it wasn’t because of the X. (Please don’t argue me on this I remember when the board thought 100k combined S/X would be on the low side of annual demand)

Also remember that Tesla stopped its most popular variant of the S/X. The 75.

You could be right that Argo's CEO is simply stupid, but it could also be that he's taking a more moderate stance to not piss of any current and potential future investors.
Have you see. The waymo rack? I’m sure it uses a ton of energy. Waymo v Tesla is like incandescent vs LED lighting. It would probably eat 50 to 100 miles a charge.

You may be underestimating the degree of self-interest in the US. Whenever there is a terrorist attack or a plane crash internationally, the headline in the US is whether any US citizens were hurt. I think the first US fatality will be highly overblown, but will impact the markets.

Looks like someone sold recently and want to get in on a lower level

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCash and Navin
As others have said, a higher margin model cutting into the sales of a lower margin model, isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

I agree. It was all part of Tesla's plan. I just disagree that 3 sales will be intact once Y is ramped up. The Y will eat into at least half of the 3 sales. After 3 years or so, we'll stabilize around 300k 3 and 700k Y a year.

• Funny
Reactions: EinSV
Anyone already played Jack's video on 2x and got a quick summary on his trading information?

00:00-36:00 I skimmed and skipped all non Stock stuff ;)
36:00 Stock stuff starts - wrap up of his history
37:50 Critique on Valuation of Growth stocks - it's all growth, nothing else
45:00 Starting on TSLA leadership style
50:00 Apple/TSLA merger/aquisition topic
53:45 All OEMs will bankrupt except maybe Toyota
55:25 Stock PICKS on exponential growth vs. StockMarket Storms - he SOLD EVERYTHING *WTF* ?!?
=> he is 100% in cash now to wait if it's over or it's gonna be a major market drop coming

59:50.... stuff on corona - I stopped here

Last edited:
So in other news... did anyone get to take advantage of this morning's flash sale?

Not me. TSLA is a large enough percentage of my portfolio that I don't see myself adding any more. I would probably make an exception if it dropped into the low-mid $600's but I'm not waiting on the edge of my seat for that to happen.

I do think this bull market has some more legs left in it but it's not clear whether this will just be a small, small correction or a more dramatic one that plays out over weeks so I'm just sitting tight. And happy.:)

My average is in the high $200s. Like many of us I'm way up so I'd be locking in gains, not losses. I'd sell my 40 now and buy 100 down the line. I know I know don't try to time the markets but I've been successful with it thus far. lol

I tried to delete this but couldn't for whatever reason. After having a coffee and taking a walk I realize I bounce between wanting to sell and wanting to buy more. If my account went to 0 it wouldn't change my life at all. All this leads me to believe simply do nothing and have dry powder on hand even though I'm on the side of thinking this is going to get much much worse before it gets better. I'm essentially liquid everywhere else but silver and MRNA so I'll let it roll. lol

Thank you all for the support. :)

S and X are very different cars.

The Y is essentially the same as the 3 and better for 90% of people (especially in the US). The Y will cut into 3 sales big time.

I agree that people generally would want a Y. But let's pretend Tesla can make 1 million 3/y skateboards a year. I would say 800k goes to Y and 200k goes to 3. So yes the Y cuts into 3 sales but because of the Y, demand for lower prices Tesla is now at a million plus the asp is higher with higher margins. I don't think this cutting into that sales is even relevant when the justnot enough batteries to go around for Tesla's backlog of products(like cyber, semi, and roadster). So to make more or less $$$ per same amount of batteries is a better metric to look at, and the Y yields more $/battery unit.