Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random ques - Some of you are familiar with Value Analyst. It seems to be that when he/she went silent a few months ago then reappeared with a different avatar (twitter profile pic) that he/she seemed to have a different writing style / seemed like a different person than before. Am I the only one who noticed this?
I don't think her writing style is any different. Her overall tone and opinion of Tesla, TSLA and Elon changed considerably.

Don't start boycotts. Write and tell them that they lower their advertising credibility with advertising on CNBC, NBC and MSNBC. Must note the whole organization, top to bottom.

I disagreed because this approach means nothing. It's just talk. They clearly don't care about their credibility. It can therefore be ignored. Voting with your dollars, though, and telling them you're taking your toys to another sandbox - that means something to these organizations and the people who run them.

Sending your kid to their room as punishment means nothing if their Xbox is in there with them, and their TV, and their phone... Make your kid donate a bunch of toys and their allowance to others, and have to clean the toilet and walk the dog for a month, they'll remember the lesson.

The punishment has to fit the crime and it has to mean something to the recipient.

Can someone tell me if I am losing my mind here?

I am considering taking out a personal loan with an APR of 3-5%, and rather than buying Tesla shares monthly (at this price around 1 per month) but instead a year worth in one go and simply pay off the loan instead of buying shares every month?
Well you're not losing your mind, but it's then a leveraged buy and you're betting that Tesla stock is going to increase in value more than the interest you're paying. Now there's a good chance it will, but it's still risky. Depends how much risk you can stand. Given the current environment, it would probably too risky for me, but that's just me. That is a pretty low rate so I can see where it would be tempting. Hope this helps.

Can someone tell me if I am losing my mind here?

I am considering taking out a personal loan with an APR of 3-5%, and rather than buying Tesla shares monthly (at this price around 1 per month) but instead a year worth in one go and simply pay off the loan instead of buying shares every month?

Yes you are losing your mind. Don't invest with money you don't have, especially in Tesla or else you'll end up shopping for rope.

This is advice.

Rob Maurer has a rare Sunday Edition of the Tesla Daily Podcast | (4:20)

➤ Tesla has added a new product to their merchandise store: Tesla Short Shorts
➤ Elon Musk has joked about releasing the product for the last two years
➤ Does the timing and description of the new product give us incite into Tesla's Q2 earnings report, expected in late July?

It feels like Tesla will soon close the first chapter which is about survival and fighting shortz. The new chapter will begin after joining S&P500.

I personally also feel soooooo satisfying. Bought two pairs, one for wife and one for souvenir.

Random ques - Some of you are familiar with Value Analyst. It seems to be that when he/she went silent a few months ago then reappeared with a different avatar (twitter profile pic) that he/she seemed to have a different writing style / seemed like a different person than before. Am I the only one who noticed this?

I found her a bit bipolar when she posted her.

Waitaminute!
Maybe I’m wrong, but I tend to assume the majority of posters here are men. What are you guys going to do with all those short shorts you’re buying???

I mean, everyone has their own style, but I gotta tell you guys, I do NOT want to see any attachments with you modeling your XL S3XY short shorts. Some things cannot be unseen.

Many report being happier in the third trimester of their lives. I feel it’s being comfortable in your own skin. I hope that you are pleasantly disappointed.
It’s the ability to roll your eyes and snicker at stuff that would have driven you up the walls thirty years earlier.