Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Craig Johnson of Piper Sandler is the technical analyst who first alerted me to TSLA resulting in my first share purchases in early 2013. Below is what he wrote this morning:

Tesla Inc (TSLA - $722.25); Shares have broken out from a multi-month descending triangle; back above the 10-/30-week WMAs; RS has rebounded back into positive territory and is confirming the breakout; add to positions, the next levels of resistance set up near $762, $794, and $883 (‘21 highs).
And this is what Craig wrote before the market opening this morning:

Tesla Inc (TSLA - $680.26); Shares have broken out from a multi-month descending triangle; recent bullish crossover between the 10-/30-week WMAs; use the current pullback as a buying opportunity.

It's our collective misfortune to be living in a period of history where this demonstration of human nature seems to be particularly overwhelming - and about important things too. The only obvious silver lining to me is - investment opportunity. The obvious negatives are both obvious and too numerous to list.
I'm also sure I have some of that Tesla Fan Boy attitude - it's hard to resist when one is hopeful and money betting on their success while still the underdog. But it's also good to be aware that anything could stop a line from running, which is about all that resonates with Wallstreet who couldn't care less about the returns from Dojo 2 yrs out past their noses, especially for something that has not yet been studied or benchmarked. I've always believed it's Tesla acceleration of innovation that's the secret sauce - the employees.

I just can't wait to see the new Factories! I will visit Texas for this I know.

Electrek - hour ago: Tesla (TSLA) rises on market digesting AI Day, primed to ‘tackle world’s hardest problems’

Excerpt:

Morgan Stanley’s Adam Jonas, one of the most popular Wall Street, released a note to clients about his own impression of the event, which gets communicated to a lot of investors.

Jonas agreed with Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s message that the company is now more than an automaker:

“We think the message of AI Day goes beyond humanoid bots and exaflops. Tesla is running one of the world’s largest, and arguably most ambitious, R&D laboratories to tackle the world’s hardest problems. Investors can’t resist funding the effort.”
He drew links to Thomas Edison’s work:

“History is a great teacher, and I cannot help but see parallels between Elon Musk’s engineering efforts at both Tesla and SpaceX (as well as Neuralink, Boring Co, etc.) and those of Thomas Edison in the 1870s and 1880s. The incandescent light bulb, phonograph, electric grid, motion picture camera… these are just some of the more well-known inventions borne out of his more than 1,000 US patents. But out of all of Edison’s inventions, many historians say his greatest was the R&D laboratory where men and women from around the world (who Edison referred to as his ‘Muckers’) worked long hours into the incandescent night to perfect a product for commercial use. Today, Elon Musk offers the R&D ‘lab’ at Tesla and SpaceX to try the impossible until it’s possibly… possible.”

1629747050852.png

Too bad we don't care about what you think Cramer :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

View attachment 700476

Too bad we don't care about what you think Cramer :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Apparently, Cramer will not buy a Cybertruck, nor many other seniors. However, there may be a huge crop of younger people who might never before have considered buying a pickup truck, yet could eventually flood the world with Cybertrucks. :cool:

View attachment 700476

MMs tried as hard as they could to hold TSLA back today with all their tricks, and had to resort to rolling Cramer out to bad mouth TSLA since rapid buying and selling of the same TSLA shares wasn’t enough:

MMs tried as hard as they could to hold TSLA back today with all their tricks, and had to resort to rolling Cramer out to bad mouth TSLA since rapid buying and selling of the same TSLA shares wasn’t enough:

There was very aggressive capping starting at 1:30 p.m. EDT. Some very large sell orders (7,500 up to 50,000 (not one order, but large blocks (7,500 plus) at the same price that added up to 50,000)) were being put in and pulled to drive the price down/cap the price.

Apparently, Cramer will not buy a Cybertruck, nor many other seniors. However, there may be a huge crop of younger people who might never before have considered buying a pickup truck, yet could eventually flood the world with Cybertrucks. :cool:
You’re right. It will be an older generation willing to overspend on a traditional looking f150 that will lag in every performance category compared to the Cybertruck. More of an emotional than smart purchase.

View attachment 700476

Wonder what he thinks of this news

15,000 F150L in 2022
55,000 F150L in 2023
80,000 F150L in 2024

That is sad

Exactly. Cybertruck doesn't need everyone to love it to become a successful product in the world.

You’re right. It will be an older generation willing to overspend on a traditional looking f150 that will lag in every performance category compared to the Cybertruck. More of an emotional than smart purchase.
I expect that to change once there are actual trucks on the street. No one will want a dated truck anymore.

I agree that Cybertruck will pull in first time new truck buyers, but I also think they will dominate work truck fleets. When the accountants run the numbers on total cost of ownership and cost to operate per mile, it will be a no brainer. In fleet purchases, money is the bottom line and companies won't pay more to get less (Ford).

Wonder what he thinks of this news

15,000 F150L in 2022
55,000 F150L in 2023
80,000 F150L in 2024

That is sad
If CyberTruck is as successful as I believe it will be, Tesla might well be exiting 2024 at a monthly production rate of 80,000.... assuming the batteries have been found :p.

All right, maybe that a little aggressive. Ask TeslaBot, he would know!

Speaking of which, what pronoun are we going to use for TeslaBot? I want to know from now so we can get their room ready.

Cramer might not buy it but one million reservation holders might
Please everyone reading this and people who follow Cramer, please cancel your reservations asap. So i can move up in the line. Thank you.

I'm actually in the market for a pickup truck, first ever, and now understand more about the appeal and the utility. FIrst, it gives a very high view of the road. Second, on price, more pickup trucks are cheaper than their SUV comparable models. The back in an SUV like the bed in a pickup are not used that often, but when needed, it is super handy to have a pickup bed available to carry larger items without jamming anything-- i'm looking at you costco shoppers (which includes me). Finally, back to price again, still do not understand the metrics that will allow build and sale of the cybertruck with that range, towing capacity and acceleration at the advertised price point. It should be a reminder that tesla is working really hard to contain costs, presumably on batteries which would make the CT feasible.

The Bolt situation seems like something that we should watch. Not that GM has much bearing on the future, but it seemed LG had a shot at moving up the food chain into being a full-fledged OEM. The Bolt was mostly an LG design, after all. And by most reports, it was a competent first effort.

I wonder what this stumble will mean for Tesla. Is the problem with the Bolt at the battery management level due to its inability to handle cell faults? Thankfully, Tesla has already made it through that issue. I have not yet heard of any similar problems with the MIC Model 3/Y made with LG cells, so perhaps this is a demonstration of Tesla's battery management prowess.
Yes, @carsonight talked about this and it makes sense to me.