Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just watch what the consensus is and the fed does exactly that. They have yet to deviate away from what the market predicted.
I think I agree? But that may just be the hike itself. Seems the lingo of current and future disposition is what's hammering markets.

We're getting "good" signs left and right these days. They better let Credit Suisse feel some pain for a bit, then slow their roll.

Still hard to fathom how we're down at $250 ($750 pre split) after record P&D numbers and an almost certain record ATH ER coming in two weeks. Makes me wonder if Q4 expectations are too high to realistically pass Wall Street's presumptions? Is Q4 doomed to be a negative hit no matter how impressive it ends up being?
Over time I have come to conceptualize the short-term price movements as an elaborate magic act. The magicians (whom I loathe) only need to distract the attention of the masses to make the show work. We here can easily see how illusions are promulgated. It makes no logical sense to us because we see through the illusion.

We know where Tesla is going and how they are getting there. We have a general idea of when...hopefully soon.

[OT & as a side note: Part of my training way back when was in the assessment of child molesters. I remember watching Oprah interview Michael Jackson at his Neverland Ranch in 1993. My wife thought it was a nice interview. I was horrified and said that he was a child molester. Noone else saw it at the time...it was obvious to me with the knowledge I had.]

Hell of a time for Tesla to disappoint the market lol. TSLA has lost most, if not all, of the outperformance it has made in the past 1-2 months………and yuck that chart looks ugly.
Looking at max pain charts we have a good setup tho. This week has been looming large with that megaspike at 330 and then people piling in at 350 and 300.

Once we're past this week, the charts seem very steamrollable for earnings.

I don't know if you know this or not, but the the price to earnings ratio for TSLA is quite foolishly low at these share prices. And near term earnings developments promise to make these ratios even more foolish!

Last edited:
Hell of a time for Tesla to disappoint the market lol. TSLA has lost most, if not all, of the outperformance it has made in the past 1-2 months………and yuck that chart looks ugly.

Charts are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

As for today's action all I can say is "Run Forrest, run!" 😁

Over time I have come to conceptualize the short-term price movements as an elaborate magic act. The magicians (whom I loathe) only need to distract the attention of the masses to make the show work. We here can easily see how illusions are promulgated. It makes no logical sense to us because we see through the illusion.

We know where Tesla is going and how they are getting there. We have a general idea of when...hopefully soon.

[OT & as a side note: Part of my training way back when was in the assessment of child molesters. I remember watching Oprah interview Michael Jackson at his Neverland Ranch in 1993. My wife thought it was a nice interview. I was horrified and said that he was a child molester. Noone else saw it at the time...it was obvious to me with the knowledge I had.]
One of the few magicians that actually get it:
1664895383123.png

Charts are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

As for today's action all I can say is "Run Forrest, run!" 😁
Charts definitely don’t mean diddly squat long term ( 6 months +). A companies performance always dictates where the stock goes long term.

But they can have material influence on the way the stock behaves in the shorter time frame. TSLA is now back in the downtrend line and will make a breakout above 300 much harder……but when that breakout does finally happen, it’ll be a doozy.

Just my musings, but I think the stock will be capped hard at 290-300 for all of Q4 until we get Q4 P/D numbers on Jan 2nd

Charts definitely don’t mean diddly squat long term ( 6 months +). A companies performance always dictates where the stock goes long term.

But they can have material influence on the way the stock behaves in the shorter time frame. TSLA is now back in the downtrend line and will make a breakout above 300 much harder……but when that breakout does finally happen, it’ll be a doozy.

Just my musings, but I think the stock will be capped hard at 290-300 for all of Q4 until we get Q4 P/D numbers on Jan 2nd

I don't disagree, but would convey this sentiment as...

But they can have material influence over decisions made by short-term traders hoping to profit in the shorter time frame.​