Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m mostly annoyed the name was changed to NACS. I feel everyone should have to live with the embarrassment of being unadulteratedly wrong, laughing, mocking Tesla from the start. Too easy for people to conveniently *forget* it’s Tesla’s standard. But that’s just me.
Not too late, can only accept payment in Dogecoin

DETROIT – General Motors said Tuesday it is delaying production of all-electric trucks at a Michigan plant by at least a year to “better manage capital investments” and implement improvements in an effort to make the new EVs more profitable.

GM now plans to begin construction of its next-generation EVs at Orion Assembly in suburban Detroit by late-2025, instead of next year. The factory currently produces the Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV, which GM will cease producing at the end of this year.
Well
(1) it'll need a lot of batteries
(2) the new tougher CARB ZEV requirements apply from 2026
(3) late 2025 gives more opportunity for Republicans to get control of Congress and try to wind back all emissions/ZEV legislation where possible.

I’m mostly annoyed the name was changed to NACS. I feel everyone should have to live with the embarrassment of being unadulteratedly wrong, laughing, mocking Tesla from the start. Too easy for people to conveniently *forget* it’s Tesla’s standard. But that’s just me.
Tesla’s standard. But that’s just me.
Me too but...

Bronny James wanted to step out of his father's shadow and make a name for himself by not using his dad's jersey number. His full legal name is Lebron James Jr. "Who's this Lebron that just dunked over 3 people?!"

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger

DETROIT – General Motors said Tuesday it is delaying production of all-electric trucks at a Michigan plant by at least a year to “better manage capital investments” and implement improvements in an effort to make the new EVs more profitable.

GM now plans to begin construction of its next-generation EVs at Orion Assembly in suburban Detroit by late-2025, instead of next year. The factory currently produces the Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV, which GM will cease producing at the end of this year.
Maybe instead it can try to get a Boltium to market fast. Add half-decent DCFC without significantly increasing price and they'd have no problem shifting a ton of them. There is no current significant competition in that space. HyunKia has done nothing significant with its small models. (Maybe until undercut by Model 2 or such like, but they have a window.) Would need less capacity than a pick-up.

Last edited:
Reactions: navguy12
This happened across the street from my house 5 years ago. It melted the vinyl siding of my neighbor's house. My Model 3 was delivered a few weeks before this incident, also my backyard neighbor's garage (not an ev) burned down two weeks before I received my Model 3. I took all of that as a good omen. 😳
Just as bad as some Tesla/EV naysayer using the photo of an EV burning to say EVs catch fire all the time

If Tesla energy pretty much tripled from 2% to 6% Year Over Year, at that rate we're up to 18% in another year; extropolate 3 years, it will be 162% of Tesla's gross profit(!)

Even if my logic is a bit fragile and careless... Tesla Energy should be hard to ignore. I'll probably remain an enthusiast of LEAPS. And HODLING shares, too of course.

If Tesla energy pretty much tripled from 2% to 6% Year Over Year, at that rate we're up to 18% in another year; extropolate 3 years, it will be 162% of Tesla's gross profit(!)

Even if my logic is a bit fragile and careless... Tesla Energy should be hard to ignore. I'll probably remain an enthusiast of LEAPS. And HODLING shares, too of course.
But I'll still have no wife, said XKCD

• Funny
Reactions: hobbes
I am very relieved the name HAS been changed. If all goes according to plan, it is going to be more and more important that even the semblance of a monopoly does not exist.

Iirc, in march/april dec 2015 leaps were introduced, so thats 32 months.

[i presume you meant Dec 2025 LEAPS were introduced in Mar or April of 2023?]

I am just unwilling to give the CBOT [and the options market maker hedge-funds hosted therein] my capital to play with even overnight. Who knows what schemes they've got cooking?

Not for me.

I am very relieved the name HAS been changed. If all goes according to plan, it is going to be more and more important that even the resemblance of a monopoly does not exist.
Also, I think mass adoption by rival automakers would have been impossible if "Tesla" was in the name.

"NACS" isn't too bad. At least it's one of those acronyms that you can pronounce as a single word. Kinda catchy.