Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mod: travelling for over 24 hours, running on fumes, request that the elon compensation go to this other thread:
--ggr

Sorry you are so tired, and maybe you don't feel like answering. But I ask respectfully, why is the investors' roundtable thread the wrong place to discuss the CEO's compensation package?

Also 6 seater was promised. No ramp either. No mention of needing an extender to get more range that takes up the whole bed.

Also from what I'm reading the range is nowhere near 340.

More exaggerating: the extender is projected to take about 1/3 of the bed, not the whole thing. But that's beside the point.

You can picksy-choosey all you want by acting like the 500 mile version was the only option anybody wanted. The reveal didn't have any way to get 500 miles in a dual-motor either, but now a dual motor with extender csn get close...so we have different options with simpler production for Tesla, at least for now.

I, too, need 6 seats...but I also know I got my 7-seat Model Y (i have 4 kids), and it took Tesla a long while to start producing it. Maybe Tesla will make a cyber SUV or Van version later. Or a 6-seat pickup...eventually. Again, it is not a "failure" to simplify initial production and charge high prices while they can get away with it, and we don't know the future.

The EPA range is 340 once the all season tires come out. The EPA range is 320 with the All Terrain tires on the current Foundation Series. If anybody thought that was highway range, they haven't been paying attention for the last 10 years. We all know the EPA tests (even the highway tests) run at lower average speeds and include stop-and-go. Drive the EPA cycle, get the EPA range. Go fast, get less range in EVs. Drive at 30mph, and you can probably go way beyond 340 miles. Again, if Tesla can sell a bunch of lower-range (cheaper to make) trucks at high prices, why would an investor complain?

This is potentially a major moment in Tesla company history. Why on earth would you shunt it off the main Tesla investment thread?

The CEO just said he wants board to grant him 25% ownership of the company, or he will no longer work on AI & Robotics at Tesla (Either by neglecting the projects, or as others here are speculating might quit)
This is why, then everyone piles in on Elon.
I would love it if Elon were to simply perform his job properly of being the Tesla CEO.

EXACTLY, I am all for Elon getting a good compensation package, HOWEVER, he is the one who crushed the stock by 65%, not thinking of his shareholders, selling stock on the open market to support Twitter/X and, as someone else stated already on X, now he is UNWILLING to help Tesla be a leader in AI & Robotics if he doesn’t get a 25% voting control….he IS CEO and should always be looking to maximize shareholder value. Elon has stated many times that Tesla is the leader in real world AI & Robotics. So, now, he doesn’t want Tesla to be a leader…that goes against his job direction to grow shareholder wealth… and he will not do this if he does not get 25% voting control…that is BS. If you are no longer comfortable carrying out that mission, it may be time for you to step aside so others can lead us and the shareholders
to the promised land. Otherwise, you’re just holding Tesla hostage to your whims.
And, maybe if he wants those 25% voting rights, he should have in his clause no more texting or retweeting anything. Be CEO focus on TESLA!
This is Teslas mission statement
"Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage."

Im sorry but where is the part that says anything about AI and robotics?

Elon specifically mentioned AI and robotics but I think he's more worried about DEI. Companies like UAL, InBev and Disney have been taken over by DEI index funds. (See Larry Fink's video about forcing companies to do this.) They will be coming after Tesla. They don't care about the shareholders. They'll work with the three letter govt agencies who want to control AI and the media to remove Elon. It's imperative that Elon get back and maintain control of TSLA. Tesla is not mature enough to thrive without him.

"Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage."

Elon has specifically mentioned it multiple times on conference calls over the last year. His own words.

Edit: also mentioned above by @Captkerosene…

Nope. Elon directly said in a tweet that no compensation plan has yet been discussed with the board.
I don't think that's exactly what he said. Elon just repeated, "Waiting for the case to be decided". He didn't confirm or deny anything he may or may not have discussed with the board.

If a new compensation plan is on his mind then I'm fairly certain he has at least had informal conversations with board members about it. And I'd be shocked if the subject has never come up in a board meeting.

Reactions: wipster

It IS sort of comical; Elon keeps talking AI and robotics, yet both conspiculously missing from the mission statement. Maybe after all this comp plan drama, when the dust settles, the mission statement will be updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Usain
Elon has specifically mentioned it multiple times on conference calls over the last year. His own words.

Edit: also mentioned above by @Captkerosene…
Tesla is a manufacturing company and Elon always said this will be the moat of Tesla. There's no way Elon will be manufacturing robots from a different facility, rebuilding the entire infrastructure that's already built. So if anything, Elon's other AI company will control the software and will license it out to Tesla for peanuts. This way he gets to control the decision making into the software development which is where he sees the biggest risk. Tesla will still be making the lion share of the rev because they will manufacture the robots.

It's part of "increasingly affordable". If you use AI to make AVs you lower transportation costs. If you have cheap, advanced robots you can use in manufacturing, you lower transportation costs.

It IS sort of comical; Elon keeps talking AI and robotics, yet both conspiculously missing from the mission statement. Maybe after all this comp plan drama, when the dust settles, the mission state will be updated.
But why as they're both tools to accelerate the mission. Granted, they're much more than that, but the initial purpose of both is assist Tesla in driving down COGS and providing intelligence to FSD. Just because there may be spinoffs from Tesla's mission doesn't mean they need to be thought of that way... I think the mission is pretty close to perfect the way it is.

Reactions: Thumper

But along the way they added FSD, and then DOJO. ... and based on common use case for using vision based AI, they started Optimus.
If FSD is not AI, then not sure what is.

.. and AAPL+AARAMCO valuation is based on ?

Again, please sell all your stock tomorrow, go full short and never cover if you are apalled by today's breaking news. Talk is cheap peeps.

Im annoyed by all you little people crying over stuff that doesnt matter.

Yeah I will

Oh, not because all of this, just because I want to test with a small amount since I will likely need in the near future and spent a lot of time today figuring out why my broker wasn't working only to realize the market was closed

Again, please sell all your stock tomorrow, go full short and never cover if you are apalled by today's breaking news. Talk is cheap peeps.

Im annoyed by all you little people crying over stuff that doesnt matter.
^^ This ^^

If you are so put off by Elon's statements/tweets/ actions, I encourage you to sell your stock and move on. There are a lot of other companies out there with CEOs who are not nearly as controversial (I would use the work 'consequential' myself) that you can invest in. Life is too short to spend time whining on message boards.