Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla uber "credits"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In February, I purchased a used 2012 model S. I immediately spent $1200 on new tires and then on Friday I spend $2800 on a new MCU.

When I dropped it off on Tuesday of last week, I was given $200 in uber credits. I was also told I would receive $100 more per day my car was in the shop. I used 10% of the 200 to make it home and then to work.

I went to get it on Friday and I had no new credits and the ride I thought would be paid with the balance of the $200 was taken directly from my checking account. Uber says credits are only good the day they are claimed and are wiped as soon as the day is complete. Well what is the purpose of them then if it is not to help you get around while your car is in the shop?

This is completely bogus. This is not how I was told I would be able to spend them while I was on the repair floor at Tesla and I'm certainly not happy about having to pay for my own ride after I just dropped $2800 on a new MCU.

Now that they are not giving loaners, has anyone else run up against this uber fiasco?

I know first world problems.

The Credits have an expiry date typically two days (day you drop , the day you pickup typically next day), If the SC made your car ready on Wednesday but you had not gone to the SC to pickup, they might have not extended the credits to other days.

I dropped my car off in June for the airbag recall and a tire patch. They gave me $700 in credits and it was good for a week (according to my Uber account). It was still in there after I picked up my Tesla.
You should definitely complain to them (the local service center) about that. You should not be paying for a loaner or Uber if they are charging $195 per hour for service.

Tesla should bring back the loaner program. Valet and loaner program were one of the key elements in their exceptional service as part of the brand. Uber credits are not for everyone and is definitely inconvenient. This downgrade in customer service will affect future sales.

C2870EEE-53B0-46C5-BF19-E878D7122340.jpeg

Everything is good to go now, your local service center correspondent will message the voucher link to you within the Tesla app once they have your key. $100 per day

Tesla should bring back the loaner program. Valet and loaner program were one of the key elements in their exceptional service as part of the brand. Uber credits are not for everyone and is definitely inconvenient. This downgrade in customer service will affect future sales.
I did not have the luxury of Tesla loaner program from the 2nd service visit to fix delivery issues, with 3 and Y its not going to happen. They have had this program for nearly 3 years and I don't see them changing this a bit.