Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A tip on how to get a loaner car from Tesla instead of Uber credits YMMV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TwoK4drSi

IG: TwoK4drSi
Apr 3, 2019
DFW
Now this is highly dependent on your area and service center BUT I have heard from my reliable source that if you come in for service with a baby / car seat and the car needs to stay for days…they will give you a car loaner instead of credits.

I have not physically verified this and you might need to push them hard or act a little Karen on them but it’s highly likely due to the fact of transporting a child that needs a car seat.

Whoever wants to try this out let us know if it works.

Reactions: DanDi58 and Abraham
I did not push them, but my local center, if they have a vehicle they will let you take one, but not for same day jobs. I was getting my hitch installed, and a few other things, it was supposed to be a 1 day job (Saturday drop off at 8 am). My wife had to go to a dental appointment, so I had to bring my 21 month old son. I did show up with him in a stroller. I nicely asked, if I could get a loaner just to make it easier. They checked, and one came in. They said if I can wait 15 minutes I could have a loner 3.

I have no idea if it was because I had my son, or if it was because I asked again and I was the first appointment of the day. But either way I got one and it turned out I needed it, since I didn't get my MY back until Wednesday night (they finished after they were closed). So Sat - Wed.

My appointment (3 of 4, in the first month of ownership) I showed up for a 10 AM appointment. I didn't leave until 530 PM. Was supposed to just diagnose my vibration issue in the tires. Replace my mirror assembly for a vibrating mirror glass (still not fixed), and replaced my steering wheel because the leather was peeling away.
A few times they offered an Uber credit - to which I reminded them that I live 50 minutes away, and work is just as far - and that I would wait.
My next appointment (4 of 4), for the same wheel vibration issue, was 3 days after my 3rd appointment. My appointment wasn't for that day - but they told me to come in, since it's a lingering issue from the week before.
I showed up, and they almost immediately put me in a loaner, even though I was offering to wait.

I think it really boils down to whether or not they have loaners, or if they have appointments where the repairs would necessitate/request a loaner.

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet