Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaCam and Taptes Wireless Charging Pad Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any issues using the Taptes wireless charging pad and inserting a microSD card and adapter? The wireless charing pad works fine, but I connected a SanDisk adapter with a Samsung 128 GB microSD as instructed and after a few weeks the adapter and microSD card are toasted. I then attempted to use 64 GB micro USB drive (so no card) and that got toasted too.

What I am doing wrong?

When I first got it, I plugged the microSD card into the right slot and it worked fine for a while. Then suddenly it quick working so I tried the left slot and it's worked fine ever since. So maybe try switching which side you have it plugged into. Other than that the only thing I can think of is that the thicker of the two wires is for the card and the thinner is for the charger.

When I first got it, I plugged the microSD card into the right slot and it worked fine for a while. Then suddenly it quick working so I tried the left slot and it's worked fine ever since. So maybe try switching which side you have it plugged into. Other than that the only thing I can think of is that the thicker of the two wires is for the card and the thinner is for the charger.

Ok, thanks. I've been using the left USB port and the thicker cable. Do I have a defective wireless charging pad?

I have the 15W charging pad. They provide 2 USB splitters for each half of the charger.

None of the splitters support my USB drives. Neither end of the splitters, plugged into either of the USB ports in the car, will detect any of my USB drives.

What I've had to do is wire it this way:

Car USB #1 --> split into 2 to power both charging pads
Car USB #1 --> use USB hub to host Teslacam drive + Music drive

This is probably insufficient for charging 2 phones at once, and maybe not good for reading high bandwidth music and writing to teslacam continuously