Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Toronto Trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, I have to agree with you on this one A.O.. Jim Kenzie is not a good writer. He doesn't seem to know a lot about cars, and he's a bit of an ego maniac to boot (he rarely allows comments that disagree with him, or that point out his many errors). I gave up reading his reviews many moons ago.

So it would be reasonable to assume that the "brainchild" comment is just another example of McKenzie's notorious indifference to accuracy, and not another bizarre artifact of the secret Eberhard lawsuit settlement?

I would guess that the "brainchild" comment was a product of the EM spin machine plus the laziness of a journalist that doesn't bother to check the "facts" spoon-fed to him by that same spin machine... So, I suppose the answer to your question is "both", as I'm pretty sure that Martin has resigned himself to the fact that he can't prevent EM, or his representatives, from misleading journalists into reporting falsehoods.

I wrote a comment about that very issue in the comments section after the article. I submitted it late Friday night, but it hasn't shown up yet. Maybe it will appear tomorrow.

Hey Bud, do you still check that old email account? Oh, and how did you make your comment come back from the future?

So it would be reasonable to assume that the "brainchild" comment is just another example of McKenzie's notorious indifference to accuracy, and not another bizarre artifact of the secret Eberhard lawsuit settlement?

Chris,

I'm leaning toward the view that Kenzie is a total hack and wouldn't need any help with it, but I dunno.

Regarding my untimely message appearance, I've read that time reversal doesn't break the laws of quantum particle physics, but the probability for it to play a significant part in macroscopic events is vanishingly small.

Lebowitz says that nothing characterizes humanity better than the willingness to gamble on phenominally unlikely outcomes, which explains the lottery, religion and dating. Nevertheless, I'm not going to rule out human or computer error.