Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you trial EAP during FSD trial?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm happy to play around with FSDS during the 1 month trial but I have no interest in ever purchasing it. I have more interest in EAP just to get lane changes without it cancelling AP.

Is there a way to change the settings during the FSDS trial to give an accurate trial of what EAP is like?

I tried switching it to the Autosteer setting (middle setting at the top of the AP page) and then messed around with some of the detailed options (turned on navigate on AP and stop light recognition).
But I couldn't get the car to do a lane change without cancelling AP.

Is there a way to do this? What settings do I need to select and how do I initiate a lane change without it cancelling AP? Or is EAP not available with the FSDS trial?

Thanks in advance.

If you’re able to enable Navigate on Autopilot when you’ve changed the setting to Autosteer, then you should have other EAP features, including Auto Lane Change. Were you able to initiate lane changes on the same road when using FSD? There are certain conditions that can prevent Auto Lane Change from working.

If you’re able to enable Navigate on Autopilot when you’ve changed the setting to Autosteer, then you should have other EAP features, including Auto Lane Change. Were you able to initiate lane changes on the same road when using FSD? There are certain conditions that can prevent Auto Lane Change from working.
I don't think I initiated an FSD lane change in that same area of highway when I tried to do so under Autosteer. I was on HWY 1 TransCanada on Vancouver Island which is the biggest highway we have so I assumed it would work on that highway. I will try again today and see if I can get it to work.

Just thought I'd update my thread with one final post. I found out why I wasn't getting lane changes to work.....I was only doing a half press of the turn signal stalk as that is how I have the car setup normally....auto cancel. But to initiate a lane change in EAP you have to do a full press of the stalk.

Now that I know that it is working perfectly.

Reactions: Dewg