Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesportline cooler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an advertisment for the Tsportline drink cooler. It looks cool, and integrates well, but the price is way to high considering you can get a full size cooler for the sub-trunk that has 20 liters of space for the same price as the Tsportline drink cooler that will hold two 20 oz bottles.

If I had unlimited $$$ to throw around I would get it, but in the mean time I will just pack a cooler with drinks and ice packs.

Keith

It is basically a mini-fridge for behind the center console. I have a silicone container there to hold drinks (not cooled.) This is one of the few reachable locations for me in my Model Y besides the pocket in the driver's door.

It is basically a mini-fridge for behind the center console. I have a silicone container there to hold drinks (not cooled.) This is one of the few reachable locations for me in my Model Y besides the pocket in the driver's door.
Add a duct from the rear vents into your silicone container and at least in the summer you will have refrigerated drinks :)

Keith

how about this one:

not cheap at all but says it only uses 0.5 kw/day ?? seems unreal

how about this one:

not cheap at all but says it only uses 0.5 kw/day ?? seems unreal

Interesting, but the obvious problem is that a refrigerator doesn't actually cool things ... well obviously it does, but I mean it merely moves heat energy around so unless you have some way of venting the thing to the outside, all the heat you take out of whatever you put in there will end up in the cabin PLUS the heat generated by whatever mechanism is driving the cooling process

Which in turn means the thing has to work a little harder to keep its contents at the same temperature in a slightly warmer cabin, which means it'll put out even more heat . . .