Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Textile seats - how to protect them if they've faded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've had my 2018 Model S for 18 months. About 4-6 months ago I noticed the seat was getting lighter in areas in the driver seat base and over the ensuing months it got worse and there was some on the lower back area as well. I just had my car in for some other service and I had them look at it and they're saying it was salt rings. I can see that, but here's the deal - I don't have any sort of crazy sweat issue. Sadly, between a bad leg injury and work craziness I haven't been going to the gym, runs, no surfing, etc. I mostly work, wearing slacks or blue jeans and casual wear is cargo shorts. The seat has never been wet, to the best of my memory, and I don't see this as being salt issue, but whatever the case I don't want it to happen again.

I understand Tesla says the seats don't need protectant, and don't recommend it, but clearly my driver seat has some sort of issue where it gets lighter easily, so in any case it needs to be protected. Are there any recommendations on how to treat these seats?