Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The $150- Rattle Frustration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to see if te noise I have is what you guys noted behind the dashboard. It happens when I got over a bump with both wheels (typically I think). It's coming from right in front of the driver, I can't tell if it's right behind trim or deeper in dashboard. It sounds like spring rattle. Any ideas? SC wanted me to authorize 4 hours of work to fix that. If it ended up to a part covered under warranty, then they would wave. One hour of labor is $195...no comment
Any ideas what it might be? I don't mind disassembling the dashboard.

We just bought a used 2017 X. It has a rattle that took me a bit of time to find, because it sounded like it was coming from the dash. Turns out, it is the little chrome trim ring on the gear shift stalk! Way easier to deal with than taking the dash apart. So, it’s worth checking to see if that is your issue, too.

• Informative
Reactions: mymagiccarpet
SRVwannab
Re: post about the rattle that was fixed. What did they do? I have a rattle that sounds like Leggos in a wooden box. SC says (twice) they can’t hear it which is total bs as I am hard of hearing and it is quite obvious. I know they are trying to keep expenses down; but I hate being treated like a whinny-butt imbecile.

SRVwannab
Re: post about the rattle that was fixed. What did they do? I have a rattle that sounds like Leggos in a wooden box. SC says (twice) they can’t hear it which is total bs as I am hard of hearing and it is quite obvious. I know they are trying to keep expenses down; but I hate being treated like a whinny-butt imbecile.
do you have a way to record it and post here? I'd be interested in comparing with what I hear. I'll try to record mine and post.