Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeak and rattle on front MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll be brief.

Car is out of warranty by 6 months (MX 100D 1 month before Raven model), I had the half shafts and front control arms replaced in the last year (whilst under warranty) to fix a horrible squeak at full-lock turns, the shudder and “death” rattle on hard acceleration. The problem has come back and the SC have said they need to replace the whole front drive assembly as there was a newly issued part that wasn’t replaced at the time of the repair that has worn and the issue will just come back.

They have offered to do this only charging for some part of the assembly ~£350. Should I kick up a fuss saying that it should have been replaced in the first instance or just accept it. Not sure how much the whole replacement would cost me if they wouldn’t honour a 12 month warranty on the original repair.

Sounds a fair offer to me especially as it sounds possibly like they have an updated part not available at the time.

As an aside, is there a 22 month warranty on previous repairs? Our cabin camera was replaced just within warranty ~4 months ago and I think it’s failed again.

I’m not sure what the warranty status on repairs is. I had assumed it was 12 months. My warranty expired july23 and the repairs were in feb23 and may23.

I think it’s fair if it’s a new part but I don’t think it is. From my understanding the technician told me they should have replaced it when the original work was done.

Reactions: MrBadger