Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The car cabin remains warm even in severe cold weather.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car cabin remains warm even in severe cold weather. It's a Model X 90D from 2016. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? The car is parked outside in relatively cold weather, around 20°F. The battery is also cold, showing a blue snowflake. However, the cabin temperature is at 40°F, despite wind speeds reaching 10 miles per hour. Camp and dog modes are both turned off. Initially, I thought the cabin warmed during sunny days, but my screenshot was taken in the evening, five hours after sunset, with the car in the shade and wind. I dismiss the sunlight theory. I'd appreciate insights if anyone has faced a similar situation and knows the answer. Note that the internal temperature sensor functions correctly; when the heating is set to 70°F, the sensor reads approximately same temperature +-2°F.screenshots made in different time of the day and shows approx same temperature inside. Car losing 3% battery charge per 24 hours (usual loss for my car 1-2%).

Attachments

• IMG_3965.png
    IMG_3965.png
    582.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4109.png
    IMG_4109.png
    440.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4110.png
    IMG_4110.png
    443.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: