Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Chinese billionaire behind Faraday Future just got a grim reality check

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lucid & FF are two separate companies sharing a similar investor. The investor in question seems to be more heavily involved in FF (far weaker of the two efforts IMO). For reference he is one of four main (and the only Chinese) investors in Lucid / the motor artist formerly known as Atieva ;)

My prediction is FF will bomb before another 18 months but Lucid will float (and partner up with Tesla for SC access and other goodies too).

Lucid has around 300 employees and FF has over 1000.
This reminds me of what Steve Jobs said about only hiring the best: A small team of A+ players can run circles around a giant team of B and C players.

It looks like Lucid is practicing what Steve Jobs preached for their hiring, quality over quantity.

There might be a auto manufacturing plant in Nevada for sale soon. Might be a good place to make Teslas. :)

"So I’m not sure if this reality check from Jia is particularly heartening for Jia’s car business LeEco or its technical partner Faraday Future, which has gotten $335 million in tax breaks from the state of Nevada to fund a billion-dollar factory in the state. It still needs state support for a few minor additions, such as power lines, water lines and roads. It was also recently in the news for being a solid $21 million late on payments to its construction company."

Great idea cgiGuy. FF goes ahead and builds a new car factory, runs into trouble bankrolling it, gets behind in payments, closes the plant and someone we know slides in and scoops up the new closed plant for 10 cents on the dollar.

upload_2016-12-23_15-47-52.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: MitchMitch