Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model X Car Alarm is loud!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny Story - I don't cary my FOB (I use phone and Apple watch for access and starting, etc). I needed to double park outside a hotel to run in and get my credit card (which i had left inside accidentally). I jumped out and left my phone in the car, with my wife in the passenger seat. When I came back, the driver door was locked (I thought the car would just keep running for the short period I was inside, but it didn't). I asked my wife to open my door from the inside, and the ALARM went off! Not just the horn, and the big eye on the screen, but a blasting version of Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. That is commonly known as the haunted house music played on a giant organ - (
).

Scared the heck out of us! I had to use the phone, to engage the keyless drive to get it to stop.

I know someone that used their phone until they parked in a dead zone with no cell service. They had to get their car towed. Phone needs to reach the mother ship to tell cat to unlock and start.

Also your alarm would not have gone off with FOB. Phone is meant for backup.

Model 3 does not need Cell Service. Just Bluetooth LE.

Reactions: Art VandeIay
I used the phone to start the car (keyless drive), and the alarm went off (unless you are asking if you can disable the alarm in advance?). I do think having the FOB would be quicker, and actually would cause less false alarms than using the "keyless drive" on the app. Better be careful with Grandma! It is really loud!