Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new aero alloys - reasonable price, look nice and more efficient

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are the first after market alloys I have come across (for Model Y, but they do. The whole range) that actually look good, I was wondering if anyone had actually got a set and, if they had, what they thought?

Also wondered what the deal is with insurance if you change wheels, never done so before?? Do they count as a modification?

Thanks in advance

These are the first after market alloys I have come across (for Model Y, but they do. The whole range) that actually look good, I was wondering if anyone had actually got a set and, if they had, what they thought?

Also wondered what the deal is with insurance if you change wheels, never done so before?? Do they count as a modification?

Thanks in advance
I would worry about the low pressure cast designation.

Aren't Model Ys all equipped with Forged Aluminum wheels making them considerably stronger than a cast wheel?

I doubt any of the Tesla wheels are forged, they weigh too much.
I did some more looking yep you are absolutely right. No where can I find Tesla wheels are forged
A well done forged wheel is lighter than a cast aluminum wheel for sure.

A while back could have sworn I read that Tesla used forged wheels, but looking today seems they are just cast wheels. Sure seem pricey for what they are. Going to source some 18 or 19s this fall for snow tires. Guess the main thing is clearing the calipers on the MYP and being hub centric.

Reactions: MrT3