Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The return of #483 (part II)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I previously posted about #483's journey from accident victim to head-turner. To recap:

Before:

IMG_0697.jpg

After:

IMG_8800 hdr.jpg

Left unfinished was her interior, which had worn out after 120,000 miles.

IMG_9276.JPG

The leather was cracking, the color didn't make sense with the new exterior, and the broken door sills had a poor man's carbon fiber vinyl wrap that I applied myself.

IMG_2530.jpg

So, I found Enrique's Auto Upholstery in Milpitas, CA. Enrique himself was a bit difficult to communicate with, but he did amazing work. Our goal was to find a new interior that still looked stock.

IMG_2860.JPG

While the seats were out, I pulled up the upholstery and installed some Dynamat. I also removed 40+ coins that were rattling on the aluminum floor plate.

IMG_6642.jpg

Finally, the big day came to install the new seats.

IMG_3563.jpg

I finished off the new look with the carbon fiber interior set. Here she is:

IMG_0639.jpg
IMG_4561.jpg

Now on to the next project. :)

YES! Your car just keeps getting better and better. I would kill to have the interior carbon fiber in my Electric Blue, but I think I'm going to hold off for a bit. The double-DIN upgrade is calling my name...

Also, massive LOL at the 40+ coins rattling under the floors. I probably found $2.00+ in change when we redid my interior.

YES! Your car just keeps getting better and better. I would kill to have the interior carbon fiber in my Electric Blue, but I think I'm going to hold off for a bit. The double-DIN upgrade is calling my name...

Also, massive LOL at the 40+ coins rattling under the floors. I probably found $2.00+ in change when we redid my interior.

It's crazy how hard things are to retrieve after they fall into the "black hole" underneath the driver and especially passenger seats. I don't carry coins, but after this experience, I might starting checking my passenger's pockets too. :D

Just found this again...and I meant to ask: did you only install Dynamat under the seats, or did you install it anywhere else?

I am preparing to add some extensive amounts of it myself and was looking for any advice. Thanks in advance!

Just found this again...and I meant to ask: did you only install Dynamat under the seats, or did you install it anywhere else?

I am preparing to add some extensive amounts of it myself and was looking for any advice. Thanks in advance!

I installed it under and behind the seats, in the foot wells, and underneath the upholstery on the door sills.

The Dynamat itself isn’t too expensive (I have an extra unopened box if you want it). The real cost was spending my afternoon installing it. I’m not sure I would do it again, though. It dampened some road noise, but I didn’t feel it made a significant difference.

782EC1DA-5E69-4E2C-B226-62F3E1C400DD.jpeg
Just an FYI and for historical reference, I found this tidbit showing the factory upgraded interior sound dampening for the 2.5 cars. I must say that my 2.5 is not excessively loud for a soft top. Actually quite impressed when I took ownership. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Roadster