TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

The return of #483 (part II)

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by josh-io, May 28, 2017.

1. josh-io

josh-io Member

I previously posted about #483's journey from accident victim to head-turner. To recap:

Before:

IMG_0697.jpg

After:

IMG_8800 hdr.jpg

Left unfinished was her interior, which had worn out after 120,000 miles.

IMG_9276.JPG

The leather was cracking, the color didn't make sense with the new exterior, and the broken door sills had a poor man's carbon fiber vinyl wrap that I applied myself.

IMG_2530.jpg

So, I found Enrique's Auto Upholstery in Milpitas, CA. Enrique himself was a bit difficult to communicate with, but he did amazing work. Our goal was to find a new interior that still looked stock.

IMG_2860.JPG

While the seats were out, I pulled up the upholstery and installed some Dynamat. I also removed 40+ coins that were rattling on the aluminum floor plate.

IMG_6642.jpg

Finally, the big day came to install the new seats.

IMG_3563.jpg

I finished off the new look with the carbon fiber interior set. Here she is:

IMG_0639.jpg IMG_4561.jpg

Now on to the next project. :)

• Like x 5
    • Love x 3
  2. Msjulie

Msjulie Member

Perfect interior choice! Might look good in my car too :)

• Like x 2
  3. DeedWest

DeedWest Too Many Roadsters

YES! Your car just keeps getting better and better. I would kill to have the interior carbon fiber in my Electric Blue, but I think I'm going to hold off for a bit. The double-DIN upgrade is calling my name...

Also, massive LOL at the 40+ coins rattling under the floors. I probably found $2.00+ in change when we redid my interior.

4. josh-io

josh-io Member

It's crazy how hard things are to retrieve after they fall into the "black hole" underneath the driver and especially passenger seats. I don't carry coins, but after this experience, I might starting checking my passenger's pockets too. :D

• Funny x 2